Job description / Role
Our client, a Technology investor with an AUM of USD 350m, is looking to hire an Associate for Fund II.
Our client is a tech-focused private equity business based out of Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates (UAE). They have an AUM of USD 350m across Fund I and Principal Investments, and are recruiting an Associate for Fund II.
The role presents an opportunity to work in a technology focused fund and deploy capital in high growth frontier & emerging markets. The Associate will take primary ownership of financial modelling & transaction execution and be secondarily involved in investment screening
The ideal candidate will currently be an Analyst 3 / Associate 1 at a Bulge Bracket Investment Bank or would have significant M&A transaction experience at a smaller Investment Bank for a similar number of years.
Reporting to the Principal, the Associate will:
* Conduct deal evaluation and execution; a holistic approach, including and not limited to investment appraisal, financial analysis, valuation, due diligence, forming recommendations and review of transaction documents
* Perform the required due diligence, including financial and investment due diligences
* Support and develop relationships with third parties
* Contribute to the sourcing of new investment opportunities
* Contribute to idea generation for the growth & scaling of portfolio businesses
* Perform ad-hoc tasks, as required by the team and contribute with ideas & actions across the wider business
Excellent transaction exposure, tax-free compensation
The ideal candidate will:
* Have a Bachelor's degree in Business/ Finance / Economics from a reputed Western universit
* Have Master's degree or/and MBA and/or CFA/CA is a preferred
* Have 4-6 years' experience in Corporate Finance / Deals in bulge bracket M&A or a top tier firm is a must; technology sector experience is a plus
* Have excellent quantitative skills and financial modelling skills such as valuation, merger models, portfolio metrics, DCF models etc.
* Be a Russian speaker - strongly preferred due to the core investment region
* Have excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills
* Be entrepreneurial, collaborative and able to flourish in a flat-structure
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.