Job description / Role
SSG Supplier Management has an opportunity for an outstanding individual to join our team as a Procurement Agent for non-production goods and services supporting the India, Middle East and Africa (IMEA) region, specifically Saudi Arabia, UAE, Qatar, Kuwait and other Middle East countries. The job requires strong skills in building and maturing business relationships as part of working across many sites, business partners, and suppliers. The procurement agent will report to SSG Supplier Management organization (who is located in Renton, Washington, USA) and will support the local procurement needs of the region, including development of procurement and supply chain solutions, strategies and policies to support customer requirements in a quality and compliant manner. The position requires someone who can work independently, with limited oversight.
Your key responsibilities will be:
• Establishing contracts with local suppliers across the IMEA region for non-production products and services (e.g. furniture, computing hardware and software, office products, contract labor services etc.)
• Negotiate pricing and contract terms and conditions, interpret and enforce contract terms and conditions
• Perform market research in the IMEA region with the goal of developing qualified sources for non-production products and services
• Ensure compliance with company procedures and regulatory requirements. Other duties and responsibilities are assigned by management
• Strong written, oral, presentation and interpersonal communications skills
• Experience in contract formation is required, and experience establishing contracts with foreign suppliers a plus
• This job may be a level 2 or level 3 and will be determined by the level of experience and qualifications of the selected candidate, in relation to the scope and responsibility of the position.
You should be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
• Proven negotiating skills
• Experience contracting for non production procurement will be given preference
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Ability to adapt to changing priorities and handling both routine and complex supplier management duties
• Excellent interpersonal and analytical skills, as well as strong written and verbal communication
• Flexible and energetic person and ability to work different tasks at the same time
• Intermediate to advanced computer skills and proficiency with MS Office including MS Word and, MS Excel
• Self-starter with a positive attitude, high ethics, and ability to work within a time-constrained environment
• Strong written, oral, presentation and interpersonal communications skills and fluent English
• The successful applicant will have a demonstrated ability to work with people at all levels of the organization internal and external to Boeing. Experience in contract formation is required, and experience establishing contracts with foreign suppliers a plus. The candidate must have excellent project management, problem solving, and communication skills
Basic Qualifications for Consideration
Do you have a 4 year degree from an accredited university?
Do you have legal authorization to work in the UAE?
Level 2 - Bachelor's degree and typically 3 or more years' related work experience, a Master's degree and typically 1 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Level 3 - Bachelor's and typically 6 or more years' related work experience, a Master's degree and typically 4 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Other job related information
The candidate must be willing to travel to various destinations around the world, and occasionally work outside of their local standard work hours to accommodate other time zones.
This requisition is for an international, locally hired position in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S.-based payroll, and will commensurate with experience and qualifications and in accordance with applicable UAE law. Employment is subject to the candidate s ability to satisfy all UAE labor and immigration formalities.
This job may be level 2 or level 3 and will determined by the level of experience and qualifications of the selected candidate, in relation to the scope and responsibility of the position.
About the Company
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defence, space and security systems. In the UK, we employ people across numerous sites, and were growing. Our long relationship with the UK aerospace industry, Armed Forces and commercial aviation sector dates back more than 75 years. Today, the UK remains a critically important market and supplier base, as well as a source of some of the world's most inventive technology partners.
We offer many career paths in fields such as engineering, aircraft assembly, communications systems, maintenance and defence equipment, and manufacture and supply of aerostructure components.
Join us and build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.