Job description / Role
• The Procurement and Logistics Officer is responsible for managing the tracking of products, coordinating the arrival and timely custom clearance process of commodities inventories and providing the required support for the operational needs, ensuring timely processing of imports and distribution of goods.
• The Procurement & Logistics Officer actively participates in inter-agency coordination to ensure needs in common systems and services are met.
• Logistic operations include logistics planning, customs clearance, warehousing, in country transport and distribution, as well as monitoring of supplies and services.
• Ensures reliable supply/logistics management systems, procedures and documentation are in place as well as undertakes regular, accurate reporting to maintain the highest level of integrity, standards and accountability.
• Supports the Procurement and Logistics Manager assisting with the planning of required warehousing, and distribution plans by providing technical advice, on inherent logistic costs, accessibility of locations of targeted areas for interventions, etc.
• Maintains data on local supply and evaluates their overall performance (product quality and timely delivery, etc.).
• Ensures preparation of the supply status reports required for reports, programme analysis, annual reports, FTP reports, appeals, etc.
• Regularly communicates accurate inventory status, inventory aging and incoming supplies information.
• Responsible for Receiving and Inspection activities, ensuring completeness and accuracy of the appropriate supporting documentation for all supply and logistics transactions including bidding, customs clearance, receiving and inspection of goods, delivery slips, etc.
• Arranges proper handovers of logistic related matters to the backup staff when going on leave, mission, or leaving the organization.
• Facilitates and effectively manages logistic matters associated with shipments of goods and distribution of supplies.
• Coordinates and supervises the timely customs clearance of inventories procured by the country office per the applicable procedures
• Ensures timely coordination of logistics related matters such as obtaining import permits as required, product registrations, arranging waivers, etc.
• Reviews the OTS and Shipment Tracker data on a regular basis to identify red flags indicative of problems in the processes (e.g., delays in shipments or customs clearance; shipping documents not sent or received; aged in-transit or static inventory; items approaching their expiration dates; missing handover documents) and ensures adequate remedial actions are promptly taken.
• Ensures the safekeeping of inventory supplies, management of the warehouses and distribution of supplies and equipment.
• Ensures timely distribution of supplies according to approved plans and facilitates coordination with the Programme Units, Implementing Partners and recipients; swiftly providing copies of supporting documents for receipts, hand of over and distribution of goods to the Shipment Tracker.
• Supervises and controls the daily logistics operations including cold chain requirements when applicable, storage, transportation and distribution/dispatching.
• Ensures the timely and accurate recording of all inventory transactions (e.g., physical receipt, put in warehouse, handover and disposals / adjustments) ensuring that the Shipment Tracker accurately reflects all inventories of goods under control at all times.
• Ensures timely reporting of inventory status, movements and foreseen issues to Programme Units and CO Management.
• Ensures that issues such as missing items/quantities, quality related issues, inventory adjustments that are a result of damage/expiration/theft and other causes are reported on a timely basis.
• Leads and coordinates the periodic physical count of inventories items; conducts monthly verification of inventory records in shipment tracker and supporting documentation.
• Performing other operational tasks when necessary.
• Two years of relevant experience at the national level, in supply, logistics, demand planning & forecasting, procurement strategies & procurement policy, and/or other directly related procurement and logistics experiences.
• Proven experience (not less than two years) in procurement management / logistics.
• Understanding of development and humanitarian work.
• Experience in the use of ERP Procurement systems.
• Strong analytical and leadership skills.
• Proficiency in current office software applications and corporate IT systems, in particular, Excel.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
About the Company
MGK is the leading provider of a broad range of innovative and sophisticated HACCP Monitoring Solutions. MGK has established an extensive and installed client portfolio throughout the GCC Countries, while also expanding rapidly in Southeast Asia. MGK clients value the professional service and technical support that MGK offers throughout its markets in the region for each and individual product supplied.
MGK was founded back in 2004 by Mirco Beutler to satisfy a strong core belief that Food Safety Regulations would become a prerequisite to any business operating in this space. Prior to the formation of MGK, Mirco Beutler spent more than 12 years in the international 5 Star hospitality industry, within the Food & Beverage Departments. His journey started as management trainee at the Kempinski Hotel Airport Munich, and further appointments in Germany, London, Austria and Dubai where the seed for MGK and its expertise formed.
MGK has a Team of 18 Employees with extensive experience of Auto Cad, Technical Services and training development servicing the GCC and Southeast Asia. MGK's offering is further complimented by the introduction of cutting edge “Chemical-free prevention of bacterial food poisoning”, utilizing “Electrolyzed Water” which kills bacteria faster than any current conventional sanitizers.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
ManpowerGroup Middle East