Job description / Role
Aldar Academies are currently seeking a dedicated professional to be our Procurement Associate to work closely with and assisting Aldar Academies ProcurementTeam. The successful candidate should be able to perform a variety of tasks simultaneously and be able to work under pressure.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the highly successful Aldar Academies family of schools and to help shape the future of Abu Dhabi’s leading school group.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Managing and controlling all the company’s external suppliers with particular emphasis on the commercial terms and conditions of each purchase.
• Ensure goods and services are bought at the most competitive price and delivered on time.
• Establish strategic relationships with key suppliers who are aligned with the company’s needs.
• Identify new suppliers, agree terms and negotiate supply agreements where appropriate, including discount structures and volume rebates.
• Foster close working relationships with associated departments eg. Education, Finance, IT, and Operations.
• Responsible to ensure that all items related to schools are procured in a timely manner, in line with the purchasing policy. Responsible for following up with both the vendor and the school to ensure that all the requested items have been delivered by the vendor and received in full by the school.
• Responsible for the implementation of a number of framework agreements. Upon implementation, continuously monitor the services offered by the vendor, assessing the vendor’s performance and helping to troubleshoot any problematic areas that arise.
• Responsible for tendering key specialist areas, ensuring that they have effectively captured the organization’s requirement, established competitive rates and commercial terms in line with each individual school’s requirements.
• Negotiate contracts for the procurement of goods and services from approved suppliers. Establish strategies to improve supply chain, solve shortage issues and strengthen supplier relationships
• Plan, schedule, monitor the delivery of goods and services to our schools
• In-depth knowledge of ERP Platforms (Oracle, SAP, Tejari)
• Prepare and raise purchase orders and order schedules
• Expedite orders as necessary. Identify actual and potential delivery problems and take proactive steps to inform appropriate personnel
• Perform supplier audits, supplier selection and ongoing rating in tandem with End User Departments
• Continually assess market conditions which may affect procurement and recommend procurement management strategy changes
• Control, manage and process incoming freight and logistics
• Develop and maintain an effective vendor database in order to procure various services, equipment, materials, and supplies
• Obtain competitive price quotes through the preparation and implementation of formal request for quotation.
• Negotiate procurement details with vendors; provides and coordinate product and service trial periods or demonstrations as required; recommend the most appropriate and cost effective alternatives, maintain current knowledge of new products and services.
• Assists departments in the evaluation of goods and services as needed; insure that customers’ expectations and requirements are met; resolve conflicts concerning materials or services at the department and vendor levels; coordinate delivery and installation; confirm with customer that all products are received in condition consistent with original request or bid; keep in constant contact with appropriate personnel to insure satisfactory operations; review warranties; coordinate returns and/or repairs of products
• Evaluate and monitor department purchase requisitions for proper authorization, specifications, and legal compliance; take responsibility for procuring appropriate items or services; create and reviews purchase orders; research and resolve receiving and accounts payable issues; input, edit, and retrieve purchasing data; disburse and maintain files related to purchase orders and purchasing; maintain other department files including those pertaining to vendors, bids, quotes, and other correspondence.
• Assist customers by interpreting laws, policy, codes, and regulations pertaining to purchasing; answer inquiries both orally and in writing concerning office operations; prepare and present special reports to various groups
• 4-5 years of experience in Purchasing / Procurement (Education Sector preferred)
• Knowledge of modern purchasing methods, strategic procurement practices, and data analytics
• Working experience in ERP environment
• Knowledge of purchasing / procurement concepts, processes, activities and trends.
• Excellent negotiation skills
• Strong conflict resolution/management skills
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
• Clear understanding of policies, procedures & work methods
• Demonstrated skills in building and maintaining strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
• Bachelors degree in business Administration/management, or equivalent is required – Western Educated preferred
• Procurement Certification
About the Company
Aldar Academies, a division of Aldar Properties PJSC, is a leading provider of private education in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi. We provide inspiring learning environments, combining the very best academic, arts and sporting facilities with the highest standards of teaching. From a single school with 250 students in 2007, Aldar Academies now operates six schools in Abu Dhabi and Al Ain with over 4700 students. With over 700 employees we have planned projects to grow our current schools and build new ones to increase our student capacity to over 14,000 in the next 4-5 years. All our schools are rated Band A by the Abu Dhabi Education Council.
All Aldar Academies schools offer a British curriculum, which has been adapted to the needs of students in the UAE, ensuring that all our students have access to an international education in a stimulating, multi-cultural setting where academic achievement is nurtured alongside personal development. Operating as integral parts of the communities to which they belong, each of our six primary and secondary schools allows students to find and pursue their passions and prepare them for a future of success.
Aldar Academies schools are, at pre-school and primary level, The Pearl, Al Mushrif and Al Muna; serving both pre-school, primary and secondary age students are Al Ain International School and Al Yasmina, which operates from FS1 to Year 13. Al Bateen Secondary School serves the needs of secondary school students in the heart of Abu Dhabi and offers the IB Diploma Programme in Years 12 and 13.
|Abu Dhabi||19 May|
Purchasing and Procurement Manager
Green Gulf Careers
A Multinational Engineering Company
A Government Entity in the Emirate of Ras Al Khaimah
|Ras Al Khaimah||19 May|