Job description / Role
• Initiate and manage the supplier registration process and ensure all new suppliers complete all required formalities
• Identify and recommend need for long-term purchase agreements or framework agreements (as required) and initiate competitive procurement process for creating such agreements. Additionally, obtain approval of such agreements as per the DoA (Delegation of Authority)
• Manage the procurement process from purchase requests from end user up to issuance of the Purchase Order/ Contract as required
• Prepare RFQs/ RFPs as applicable, solicit and evaluate vendor responses to RFQs/ RFPs
• Ensure that goods and services are purchase in a timely manner
• Conduct site visits for key suppliers providing goods and services and document accordingly (as required)
• Follow-up on orders placed to ensure timely deliveries
• Ensure suppliers adhere to the highest ethical standards in relation to their work with the Group
• Evaluate services of all suppliers on a periodic basis and coordinate the supplier evaluation process
• Identify alternative suppliers to meet present and future needs and requirements of the Group
• Minimise the cost of products and services which meet the Group’s needs, and establish strong vendor relationships
Product and Services knowledge
• Comply with and maintain knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, rules, standards, and leading practices related to procurement.
Contracts Management and Service Level Agreements
• Effectively negotiate Purchase Orders/ Contracts and service levels
• Contribute to work planning and effectively brief contractors and suppliers
Value for money and reporting
• Monitor methods and output to ensure that required quality standards are achieved at a minimum cost.
• Establish procurement savings targets each year in close coordination with the Purchase Manager and ensure monitoring against these targets.
• Prepare quarterly reports for review and submit to the Purchase Manager.
• Participate in Inventory take on a monthly basis
• Organize quarterly inventory on all operating equipment of the restaurant and prepare breakage report
• Maintain Procurement System
• Certifications in supply chain management, contract management, purchasing or related area
• Minimum of five years’ work experience in a relevant field with experience in a purchasing division in hotel and/ or restaurant sector
• Minimum of two years of experience in a Supervisory position
• Demonstrable experience at all levels of the procurement process
• Hospitality experience is preferable
• Work experience within the Middle Eastern region as well as internationally will be preferred
• Committed to delivering value for money and demonstrating strong understanding of current processes
• Diplomatic and assertive
• Contract negotiation skills
• High proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• Professional demeanour with ability to work independently
• Fluent in English
About the Company
A government entity in the Emirate of Ras Al Khaimah.