This position is closed or expired.
See other Procurement Officer jobs in UAE
Identify, qualify and select competent vendors to supply products and services in accordance with company policy and strategy. Administer procurement activities in compliance with company policy and strategy.
• Develop and implement procurement procedures and policies to maintain and enhance a procurement process in compliance with company goals and objectives.
• Plan, organize and direct the activities of the procurement and expediting function as well as provide training to staff to effectively implement company policies and procedures.
• Recruit, evaluate and maintain suppliers to provide products and services in compliance with Company Quality System, including visits to vendor facilities to review capabilities.
• Develop strategic relationships with key vendors to maintain preferential pricing, volume discounts and preferential production scheduling.
• Review purchase requisitions for accuracy, completeness of attachments / specifications and approvals.
• Maintain close working relations with other company functions in order placement relating to cost and delivery schedules.
• Maintain and communicate knowledge of supply sources, current pricing trends and market conditions relating to products and services required by AMHI.
• Perform supplier qualification, surveillance, process and Quality Management System audits and maintain records thereof.
• Participate in internal process and Quality Management System audits.
• Initiate non-conformance reports for audit findings, include closure and validate
• Identify and leverage best practices across supplier qualification, surveillance, process and quality management system audits.
• Participation in supplier visits and supplier audits.
• Work with internal customers in support of supplier certification activities.
• Ownership and reporting on all quality issues associated with suppliers.
• Participates in Customer Complaints investigation for areas under their control
• Ensure the independent product and component inspection function is in accordance with industry standards, regulatory statutes, company policies and customer requirements.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
• Business Administration or Industrial Engineering Degree.
• Five (5) yrs experience in procurement.
• Excellent organization and follow up skills.
• Demonstrated communication and negotiation skills.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience with purchasing techniques.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with outside vendors.
• Four (4) years supervisory experience.
• Previous Middle East experience.
• Previous experience with EPC contractor or industrial manufacturing.
Compensation and Benefits:
• A competitive performance based salary structure.
• Flex-time schedule allowing flexibility for the employee to achieve work/life balance.
• Extensive Learning & Development opportunities through the “Aker Academy”, “On the Job Training”, “E-Learning” and other options.
About the Company
MHWirth is a leading global provider of first-class drilling solutions and services designed to offer our valued clients with the safer, more efficient and reliable alternative. Our company vision is centered on an unparalleled commitment to quality and yielding economic advantages for our customers and stakeholders.
With a remarkable legacy founded more than a century ago, MHWirth has transformed into a new brand reflective of our robust company strategy and compelling ambitions. Our reputation is preserved through a winning combination of values, people and innovative technologies, proven by a respected track record and a vast collection of customer success stories.
As the largest subsidiary of Akastor, MHWirth has a global span covering five continents with offices in more than 20 countries. Drawing upon our global market success, we continue to seize opportunities through an established strong regional presence in the Americas, Asia and West Africa. Our 4300 dedicated professionals consistently strive to enhance customer satisfaction and form meaningful collaborations by creating a personalized experience.