Job description / Role
Global Village is part of The Arab Media Group (AMG). It is the region’s leading family and cultural entertainment destination, which is committed to providing the best in entertainment and excellence in guest experience.
Looking for Procurement Specialist (4 Months Maternity Cover), to start in November 2019.
• Ensure that pre and post contract administration, procurement and sourcing related activities and services are carried out timely within budget to meet end user specification and requirements for smooth business operations of the company.
Key Accountabilities (includes, but not limited to the following):
• To comply with Global Village Vision & Mission.
• To integrate work ethic to reflect Global Village Values (Safety, Integrity, Innovation, Guest Orientation, Commitment, Excellence)
• Ensure compliance with all applicable Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) requirements.
• Provide inputs in developing sourcing plans and ensure effective implementation of the same in order to minimize total cost and ensure products and services meet ‘End Users’ expectations to increase customer satisfaction and to bring maximum benefit to the company.
• Provide inputs and feedbacks for the improvement of procurement policies and processes in order to smooth the functioning of the department.
• Responsible to ensure that procurement policies are adhered to at all times and monitors the overall quality of any external correspondence with vendors/suppliers and service providers.
• Receives the RFP’s, RFI’s from end user and liaise with internal stakeholders to ensure that requirements are well defined and optimized in order to provide accurate information to the vendors and meet end user satisfaction.
• Responsible for the procurement cycle from requirement gathering with end user to supplier identification, bid analysis, negotiation high value contracts which requires preparation of market and product research along with cost analysis, final selections and development of special contractual clauses if required and ensure the high standards and quality of the procured items.
• Provide suggestions in vendor invitation selection (prior to publication), issuing of invitation letters and finalizing of master vendor list for any given project and provides potential suppliers with clarification of contract in order to ensure the accuracy in the contracts and to avoid any issues due to lack of contractual understanding.
• Facilitates bidders meetings (post-publication / pre-award) as and when requested by the Project Owner or Vendors to clarify companies standard terms and conditions or the scope of work of any given tender and provide support in organizing and facilitating tender-openings, technical meetings with vendors, evaluation matrix and participates in contract negotiations and supports in finalization of cost effective contracts in order to ensure Capex and Opex savings are achieved.
• Prepare RFP information and ensures the overall quality and consistency of tender documents and official correspondence to suppliers/service.
• Review and customize SLA in collaboration with end users in order to track supplier performance and if any issues resolve issues with the suppliers and internal stakeholders.
• Handle Contracts, NDAs, Awards under the supervision of Procurement Manager and undertake research to establish long-term agreements with key suppliers resulting in annual saving.
• Develop and maintain long term relationships with suppliers/vendors in order to facilitate and expedite procurement transactions in order to meet the company objectives in contingent circumstances and to maintaining high levels of service to the end user.
• Prepare periodical reports like contracts & RFP status update.
• Customer Focus
• Leading & Managing Change
• Developing Others
• Results Management
• Resource Management
• Change Management
• Developing self and others
• Drive for results
• Working with people
• Customer Focus
• Taking responsibility
• Graduate in any discipline
• Good Knowledge of procurement process and policies.
• 2-3 years in the field of purchasing and contract administration
• Proficient in Oracle ERP system.
• Excellent Communication skills in written & spoken English.
• Excellent computer skills.
• Attention to detail and quality.
• Relationship Management.
About the Company
Arab Media Group (AMG) is a Dubai, United Arab Emirates, based entertainment company, a new business vertical of Dubai Holding. AMG is one of the region’s leading entertainment organisations, covering radio broadcasting, event management, and family entertainment. With a vision inspired by innovation, AMG is positioned as an engaging premier integrated entertainment company, managing Global Village, Arabian Radio Network and Done Events. Founded in March 2005, AMG has a workforce of just under 400 staff across its two Dubai-based offices.