Product Owner (Messaging and Campaign)
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job description / Role
This role reports to the Senior Product Manager and is responsible for the consolidated messaging, notifications & campaigns at Etihad Airways including marketing and operational messaging sent via email, sms, app notification and any other channels.
The role interacts with and manages a number of business stakeholders and 3rd party providers and must fully own the messaging development and the end to end messaging mapped to the customer journey. The PO must be able to handle effective prioritisation, valuation and strategizing the growth and development of the airline's messaging proposition.
This role will work with the Senior Product Manager to serve as the customer proxy and will support iin defining the product vision and roadmap and needs to demonstrate understanding of airline customer journey and messaging requirements. This role is part of an Agile Release Train and needs to ensure strong ability to work closely with other Product Owners, managing dependencies and contributing to a collaborative development environment to ensure features are rolled out end to end.
This role is a core team member of the agile scrum team. They will work with 1 scrum team and will ensure the team understands the required features and functionality of products to be delivered in each iteration. The role is responsible for defining and prioritising the user stories in the team backlog. They drive quality control and will validate that the stories delivered meet the defined acceptance criteria. The role will also need to work closely with solution architects, UI/UX professionals and content development professionals to ensure an optimal product outcome.
- Work with the Senior Product Manager to contribute to the product strategy, vision and roadmap
- Review and prioritise the team backlog as part of Iteration Planning, including coordinating dependencies with other Product Owners. Responsible for accepting the final Iteration Plan
- Continuously improve the backlog with the team, ensure all items are clearly described, estimated, and prioritised
- Ensure the scrum team understands the required features and functionality to be delivered in each iteration
- Responsible for detailing features and user stories with acceptance criteria and acceptance tests
- Responsible for the acceptance of features and user stories, this includes validating that the stories meet the acceptance criteria, persistent acceptance tests, and that they comply with the Definition of Done (DoD)
- Provide regular demos with the team ensuring the most critical aspects are shown and validated with the stakeholders
- Facilitate the iteration retrospectives and drive discussions on what can be improved to increase the velocity and quality
- Follow and partake in all the SAFe Agile product cadences including PO Sync, Program Backlog Refinement, WSJF, Sprint Planning and PI Planning representing the product area fully.
- Manage and keep up to date the team's backlog, product roadmap, program Kanban and all relevant artifacts to ensure the product development is communicated across leadership, business stakeholders and development team.
Education & Experience
- 5+ years' experience working in product development or as a Product Owner
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or equivalent
- Certification in SAFe Product Owner or equivalent is desirable
- Experience with Agile development methodologies including SAFe, Scrum and Lean Portfolio Management
- 2+ years' experience in handling marketing campaign tools like Adobe Campaign Manager (ACM) and features development on this tech stack ; and aviation operational notification tools like 15below
- 2+ years' experience in using JIRA and maintaining sprint backlog, epics, features and user stories.
- Demonstrated success in defining, delivering and launching products
- Technical and business operations knowledge with proven ability to drive solutions
- Experience defining vision and strategy for a technical product
- Strong ability to analyse data and drive feature development based on relevant data analytics
- Recognised as an active team player, with excellent communication and coordination skills as this role requires working with multiple teams across the organisation
- Strong business stakeholder management skills with ability to manage various prioritization requirements and to ensure highest value is achieved at all times.
About the Company
Etihad Airways is the National Airline of the United Arab Emirates. The airline was set up by a Royal Decree in July 2003, with Abu Dhabi, the capital of the UAE, as its hub. Etihad started commercial operations in November 2003.
With Etihad, everyone who flies with us is welcomed as our guest.
This simple credo illuminates everything we do, from big things like making sure that our fleet is one of the most advanced in the sky, to small touches like letting you choose the films you watch.
Were proud to be the National Airline of the United Arab Emirates. At the crossroads between Europe and Asia, our home reflects our commitment to bringing the world closer together - as does our highly cosmopolitan staff.