Job description / Role
Our client, who specializes in interior design for home furniture is urgently looking for a Production Manager who will be able to run and manage a substantial team for their manufacturing operations in their factory based in Abu Dhabi, UAE. Reporting to the CEO, you will be primarily responsible for meeting the requirements and deadlines of the clients and ensure that projects are being delivered on time and of high quality. You should be strongly knowledgeable and have hands-on experience working with a wide range of furniture, soft furnishing, and interior fit-outs from general woodwork to millwork, floor coverings to wall coverings, light fixtures to artworks.
Other responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Accomplish department objectives by planning and evaluating project activities
- Managing production schedules and employees
- Client acknowledgment and design
- Overall promotion of renewed environments internally and externally
- Calculates raw material requirements, manages ordering of materials to meet all production needs
- Participates in the strategic planning for the manufacturing division
- Reviews, prepares, and completes action plans, implements production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards.
- Resolves problems, completed audits, identifies trends, determines system improvement, and acts as a change agent.
- Meets financial objectives by forecasting requirements, preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, negotiates vendor pricing, initiating corrective actions, and meeting quotas by interfacing with sales reps and other industry professionals.
- Must remain current on job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests, explores opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Maintains a clean work area and helps maintain warehouse docks, parking lot, and office for safety, lighting, etc.
- Hires and trains employees; communicates job expectations; plans, monitors, appraises, and maintains department profitability; plans and reviews compensation actions; and enforces policies and procedures.
- Maintain a tidy and professional and safe workspace for the employees in the factory
- Managing and supporting the team to ensure client’s requirements are met.
To be considered for this job, you need to meet the following criteria:
- 5 years experience in joinery is a must
- Must have been in the same role, managing production of high-end furniture/joinery projects
- Must have a managed a massive team
- Must have a good eye for details.
- Must be a target-driven person.
- Experience working with luxury furniture is a plus.
- Diploma in any relevant field / Bachelor's Degree (desirable)
- Good command of English is needed and knowledge of Hindi or Filipino language is a plus
- Willing to work in Abu Dhabi for 6 days a week and work overtime when required
Disclaimer: Black Pearl will never ask for money or any form to charge our candidates just to process or consider their application for any of our available vacancies. If you happen to receive such a request from any members of our staff or other individuals claiming to be part of Black Pearl, please do reach us.
About the Company
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
RTC-1 Employment Services
RTC-1 Employment Services
Interior Fit Out Project Manager / Architect
Manufacturing Manager - Highly Reputable Modular Construction Company