Production Officer - Etihad Engineering
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job description / Role
The Production Officer (PO) reports to the Manager Production within the EASA Parts 21G Production Organisation. He/She is responsible for Production Operations activities, including but not limited to cost and lead time data preparation in response to customer inquiries, handling of incoming Production Requests, Design Data Transfer, Resource Planning and Staff Qualification, Arrangement Letter and Capability List administration, Printer Shop machine maintenance Program, provisioning of Material and consumables, contractor and subcontractor management and operational Production support.
- Ensure that EYEng's procedures and standards are complied with when carrying out Production.
- Ensure that procedures for issuing of EYEng EASA Form 1 for the completed parts are followed in compliance with Part 21G regulation for new parts/prototype parts or test samples
- Prepare Arrangement letters with Design Offices and Subcontractors, and manage the revision of the Production Organisation's Capability List to include new Part Numbers.
- Plan for availability of sufficient competent personnel to plan, perform, supervise, inspect and certify the work being performed. Liaise with Quality for staff qualification program
- Support the POA Operations to deliver the requested production work by liaising with Planning, Production and Management, for follow-up and closure of Production Requests.
- Ensure that all sub-contract orders are correctly detailed and that the requirements of the contract/order are fulfilled in respect of inspection and quality control.
- Provide feedback to the Quality System about the services provided by contracted Organisations and Subcontractors. Liaise with Quality on sub-contractor control and closure of Audit findings.
- Ensure commercial coverage for subcontracted work issue Purchase Orders to Contractors, OEMs and external Service Providers on time for subcontracted SFE, Kit or other material.
- Agree shipment dates with the vendors, in line with the Project Logistics Plan. Track shipments and confirm goods receipt on all locations.
- Issue regular reporting about the Supply Chain status. Ensure that any timeline changes are communicated in time to react and keep the overall project on track.
Education & Experience
- Related Technical diploma or college degree or job specific experience in an airline or MRO of minimum 5 years.
- Minimum of 5 years related industry experience in the field of Production, Supply Chain or Planning related to aircraft management in an airline or an aviation company with an International business exposure and experience.
- Good all-round planning skills.
- Knowledge of aircraft material management.
- Knowledge of airworthiness authorities requirements related to materials management.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret approved maintenance documentation e.g.; IPC, RSPL, AMM, SBs, Design Drawings etc.
- High standard of English language in written and oral.
- High standard of computer literacy (Microsoft Office applications) and presentation preparation.
About the Company
Etihad Airways is the National Airline of the United Arab Emirates. The airline was set up by a Royal Decree in July 2003, with Abu Dhabi, the capital of the UAE, as its hub. Etihad started commercial operations in November 2003.
With Etihad, everyone who flies with us is welcomed as our guest.
This simple credo illuminates everything we do, from big things like making sure that our fleet is one of the most advanced in the sky, to small touches like letting you choose the films you watch.
Were proud to be the National Airline of the United Arab Emirates. At the crossroads between Europe and Asia, our home reflects our commitment to bringing the world closer together - as does our highly cosmopolitan staff.