Job description / Role
The job holder will be responsible but not limited to:
- Configures and programs the plant automation systems on multiple platforms, programmable logic controllers (PLC), and Distributed Control Systems (DCS), Terminal Management Systems (TMS), especially Fuel FACS from Ms. CSI and Syncade from Ms. EMERSON.
- Coordinates and participates in modifications, updation’ s and implementing policies on process automation systems (PLC/DCS), TMS, SCADA and networked hardware
- Maintenance of network communications equipment’s and configuration problems
- Assimilates and maintains all system backups on time and in a structured manner
- Maintains a log of all Operating System and application software available for all system and sub-systems, and is updated regularly
- Develops and maintains accurate and up-to-date documentation, monitoring reports, and logs.
- Maintains up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, and participating in professional associations.
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with majors in electronics, computer information systems, engineering or a closely related field.
- At least eight (8) years of progressively responsible experience in implementation and maintenance of process automation and controls in Oil & Gas both mid-stream and downstream will be preferred.
- Preference for those experienced in working Honeywell, and EMERSON DCS, and Rockwell and Siemens PLC systems.
About the Company
A leading fuel distributor in the United Arab Emirates.