Job description / Role
Oracle Consulting delivers very large and complex business and IT delivery projects based on the Oracle SaaS offering (ERP, EPM, HCM, CX). These can be highly challenging and at the leading edge of cloud projects and are therefore strategically important to the Oracle business. This can be across a wide variety of customers and industries. A need exists for highly talented senior program directors to deliver customer success against these challenging situations. The Program Director has responsibility for the successful delivery of the Oracle Consulting engagement at the customer. They are expected to operate at the senior stakeholder level - typically a C-level executive but equally, they will need to manage their senior stakeholders in the Oracle organisation.
This is a senior level role and candidates will be expected to take high levels of responsibility for customer and Oracle success. It is a very exciting time in Oracle Consulting with our strong focus on delivery of cloud solutions using our highly advanced methods and tools across the EMEA region. Industry and IT experience is highly valuable to us. Existing Oracle application knowledge is desirable but not essential.
SCOPE OF THE ROLE
The Program Director is responsible for the successful and profitable delivery of our major business and IT programs. They will be expected to lead and drive all aspects of the program from staffing, budgetary control and stakeholder management both within the customer and Oracle:
- To act as a trusted advisor to senior clients:
- To drive successful outcomes for our major customers using the Oracle product set and Oracle Consulting methods and tools
- To be commercially astute when delivering an engagement
- To act as ambassadors for Oracle solutions throughout a customer engagement
- Take full accountability for the successful delivery of a program or projects
- Develop a practical program delivery plan and deliver closely against it
- Manage the staff and resources to ensure optimum outcomes for the customer and Oracle Corporation
- Manage and mitigate program and project risks
- Both advise and challenge the customer throughout the program
- Take full ownership to drive "best practice" in delivering a program
- Develop strong relationships with the senior stakeholders within Oracle across our Licence and Consulting businesses
- Manage the re-use and feedback into the Oracle delivery organisation to enable constant improvement of our program delivery
- Build a strong personal community within Oracle by sharing and assisting colleagues from other regions and practices
- 10-15 years of relevant experience as a program director through full implementation lifecycles -
- 10 years of experience with a consulting organisation
- Strong and demonstrable awareness of different project management methods
- Excellent facilitation and management skills of the most senior customer stakeholders within the business and IT
- Ability to deliver results while under pressure
- A strong understanding of the commercial aspects of a consulting organisation and the role a program director plays within it
- Experience of delivering at least 4 major projects using packaged applications (Oracle, SAP, Microsoft, other cloud vendors)
- Experience with interacting with third party resources, including offshore teams -
- Strong team building skills, with ability to build quick and effective work rapport with distributed team members
- Outspoken and passionate about delivering successful programs that exceed business objectives and drive business success for our customers
- Must have the highest level of leadership and communication skills, with the ability to explain complex solutions and ideas.
- Can demonstrate a strong awareness of the differences between cloud and on-premise solutions and their benefits -
- Willing and able to travel for project work throughout the EMEA region for extended periods
About the Company
Oracle offers an integrated array of applications, databases, servers, storage, and cloud technologies to empower modern business. For most companies, flexibility is critical. Oracle provides a wide choice of software, systems, and cloud deployment models - including public, on-premises, and hybrid clouds - to ensure that technology flexes to the unique needs of a business.
Oracle Cloud is a complete, integrated stack of platform, infrastructure, and application services. With advanced scalability and security, Oracle Cloud enables technical agility across the enterprise, connects people to information for clearer insights, and fosters efficiency through simplified workflows.
More than 420,000 customers across 145 countries have harnessed Oracle technology to accelerate their digital transformation.
Head of Technology - Perm and Contract
Head of Data Analytics and Digital Insights
Vice President - Global Offices Technology Manager
VP Technology Transformation