Job description / Role
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Keep accurate accounting records of assigned projects.
• Track costs with the ability to minimize costs to yield increased project margins.
• Book monthly personnel and equipment allocation based on input from Operations Department.
• Assist Project Controller/Project Manager to ensure monthly cost and revenue recognition are accurately accounted.
• Assist in preparation of weekly, monthly and quarterly project reports ensuring compliance with published deadlines.
• Prepare monthly project forecasts in liaison with Project Controller/Project Manager.
• Managing cash, preparing cash flow forecasts.
• Ensure all project reports fully reconcile with accounting entries in Oracle.
Special Additional Duties
• Participate in corporate accounting/administrative projects as required.
• Actively participate in adherence to and improvement of the company’s Integrated Management System.
• Engage with internal and external auditors on project matters.
Principal Working Relationships
• The Project Accountant is required to work closely with Project Managers, Project Controllers, the Finance Department and the Business Control Manager.
• Bachelor Degree.
• Recognized qualification in accounting or cost control.
Skills / Experience Required
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in similar position in Civil Engineering / EPC companies.
• Fluent in the English Language, both written and spoken.
• UAE Driving License (role will be part office based and part site based)
About the Company
By way of a brief introduction to National Marine Dredging Company, in 1976 as a dredging division of ADNOC a board decision was taken to form an autonomous dredging company reporting to its own Board of Directors. NMDC was founded and commenced trading in its own right on 1st January 1980.
We are a National Company owned 40% by the Government of Abu Dhabi and 60% by UAE Nationals and registered as a public company trading on the Abu Dhabi stock exchange with a registered paid up capital asset value of Dhs 169,000,000-00. Currently our business is conducted from our modern premises which include multi-discipline workshops, slip ways and a fully support administration and technical departments located in Mussafah, Abu Dhabi with subsidiary office in Zayed the Second St, Abu Dhabi.