Job description / Role
The Project Director of Design Services will be responsible for the execution of Hyatt Design Standards. This is a highly collaborative role, functioning across multiple disciplines.
In collaboration with the Studio Head Design Services, Director of Project Management and the Director of Building Systems Design, you will support the management of multi-national, multi-disciplined project teams by supervising the planning, design and operational review of Full Service hotel, new built, take-over/conversions and renovations. TheProject Director of Design Services, will be responsible for leading the Design Services teams throughout all phases of the projects.
In conjunction with the Operational Planning Team, Design Services Outsourced Consultants [Engineering, Fire, Life & Safety, ID, Procurement] and Culinary Director, you will implement the prototypical programs, corporate and department initiatives, innovation and changes.
The Project Director will be instrumental in the project process from inception to testing and commissioning, as follows:
* Set up and development of Project Management Plans [PMP] deliverables and all aspects of Project TSA Accounting.
* Pro-actively manage departmental expenses within approved departmental budgets.
* Design guidance and compliance of Hyatt Standards, PIP's Design Related Support.
* Collaborating with Hyatt Development Group on all pre-development activities.
* Prepare Prototype Area Programs [PAP] maximizing efficiencies and implementation into preliminary Architectural Reviews
* Research and pre-qualify, and maintain a database of Interior and Architectural Design Firms specializing in hospitality projects
* Preparing and maintaining up to date monthly project progress reports, outlining the projected opening date for each property and construction status.
* Leads the project Kick-off Meetings with members of the Design Services, Operational Team andattend key construction related meetings.
* Preparing Hotel Equipment Specifications Book (H.E.S.B) and FF&E Budgets for all new build, renovations projects.
* Provide guidance to Owner's teams on the implementation of Hyatt's Design requirements.
* Responsible for the review of Mock Up Rooms, developing the report and determining the prototype room incorporates all required changes.
* Review drawings, plans, and specifications to ensure that the approved designs have been incorporated and provide advice on specifications for interior furnishings and fixtures.
* Ensuring and monitoring all projects on-site construction for appropriate quality, compliance with Hyatt's approved drawings and Hyatt Brand Standards. Reporting immediately any deviations from quality or Brand Standards to the Studio Head of Design Services and if required, working with the Owner, on corrective measures.
* Support Project Services Managers [PSM] /Procurement Agents [PA] in their roles and responsibilities.
* Responsible for overseeingthedesign and review processofall outsourced [TSA] activities including, but not limited to,engineering, fire life and safety and ultra-low voltagesystemsforallnewconstructionandrenovationprojectsincollaborationwiththeDirectorofBuilding Design Services.
* Responsible for the post-opening follow-up report.
* Experience in managing internal multi-disciplinary teams in the development of hospitality project.
* Experience of effective management of third party consultants.
* Independent thinker, comfortable with proactive innovation, managing change and leading department initiatives.
* Experience of working with respect for local cultures and the ability to flex and adapt solutions to changing needs and environment.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and adept at presenting and communicating with multiple stakeholders - Owner's Representatives, Senior Management, Hotel Operations personnel etc. Additional languages an advantage.
* 10 years experience in the architectural or engineering design fieldwith strong project management skills.
* Architectural or Engineering degree from an accredited institution.
* Consolidated skills in the use of relevant software applications such as Microsoft Project, ACAD
Primary Location: AE-DU-Dubai
Organization: Southwest Asia Regional Office
Job Level: Full-time
Job: Architecture/Design/Technical Services
Req ID: DUB002799
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.
About the Company
Hyatt was founded by Jay Pritzker in 1957 when he purchased the Hyatt House motel adjacent to the Los Angeles International Airport. Over the following decade, Jay Pritzker and his brother, Donald Pritzker, working together with other Pritzker family business interests, grew the company into a North American management and hotel ownership company, which became a public company in 1962. In 1968, Hyatt International was formed and subsequently became a separate public company. Hyatt Corporation and Hyatt International Corporation were taken private by the Pritzker family business interests in 1979 and 1982, respectively. On December 31, 2004, substantially all of the hospitality assets owned by Pritzker family business interests, including Hyatt Corporation and Hyatt International Corporation, were consolidated under a single entity, now Hyatt Hotels Corporation.