Job description / Role
Overall responsibilities include:
• Managing the delivery of construction supervision and commercial consultancy services (including field inspection, submittal review, contracts, cost estimation, BOQ, Planning and Tendering) and reporting performance to General Management.
• Establishing and implementing practical and efficient management systems (organization charts, job descriptions, appraisal systems, training procedures, Standard Operating Procedures, etc.)
• Improving and implementing proper construction safety policy and procedures as required by law and by internal commitments to safety as a core value.
• Improving and managing construction quality procedures.
• Coordinating internally with other managers as needed, especially with head of Design Department to improve performance on the organization level.
• Managing human resources for efficient recruitment and utilization.
• Providing technical support and supervision wherever needed and staying informed of progress on site for all projects under construction and monitoring and controlling risks as needed.
• Managing department direct and indirect costs.
• Informative and timely performance reporting to General Management.
• Managing relationships with clients and authorities as needed.
• Contributing towards generating new business opportunities to meet the company’s business plans.
Mandatory requirements include:
• Minimum 15 years total work experience.
• Minimum 7 years work experience in the UAE with well-established consultancies.
• Must be currently based in the UAE.
• Candidates must have worked on multiple projects and managed diverse large teams.
• Superior leadership skills and ability to lead construction relationships with consultants, stakeholders and contractors.
• Proven abilities with successful project management, resource management, project budgeting and cost management.
• Excellent communication skills and expertise in providing high level project reports to senior management.
• Proven success in developing successful business relationships to ensure project requirements are satisfied.
About the Company
Since 1988, AL SUWEIDI Engineering Consultants (SEC) successfully completed over 500 projects of various types and scales in the United Arab Emirates. Our deeply-rooted local experience coupled with international capabilities and affiliations have proven to deliver excellent service at optimum value.
We offer our clients all the services they need to design and build their projects. In our offices, we work hand in hand to cover architecture design, interior design, structural engineering, MEP engineering, Traffic engineering, sustainability services, project management, permitting (AoR/EoR), tendering, construction management and supervision. Our experience is equally rich in the government and private sectors, and include residential, commercial, educational, health care and hospitality projects.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Ignite Search & Selection
|Abu Dhabi||15 May|
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)
Senior Project Manager
Rider Levett Bucknall