Job description / Role
Our client is one of the leading engineering and construction companies operating across the GCC for over 25 years. They offer full-service engineering with a focus on foundations and piling.
We are looking to place a Projects Director who will direct and lead all activities associated with the full life cycle delivery of projects and oversee Project Managers while ensuring successful completion of all ground engineering of these projects.
Projects’ strategy development
• Develop and implement an overall project delivery strategy aligned with overall firm strategy and growth plans.
• Lead the development of projects' delivery goals and objectives and provide leadership for strategic planning.
• Establish project team targets/measures that support the accomplishment of the company's strategic goals.
• Correspond with various other departments, discussing company plans and agreeing on future initiatives.
• Make strategic decisions and provide the necessary leadership and direction for project managers to implement those decisions.
Project-related policies and procedures development
• Develop, implement and update various policies and procedures.
• Recommend policy and procedure improvements.
Project-related processes and standards development
• Develop, update and document all project-related processes.
• Align project procedures with Total Quality Management System and ISO standard
• Oversee the preparation of project organization chart and workforce plan in coordination with Project Managers and Quality & Excellence Department as per project scope.
• Ensure that necessary method statements, quality, and safety documentation are developed and approved before the start of works in coordination with Project Managers, Quality & Excellence, and HSE Departments.
• Oversee the project build-up schedule along with project phase preplanning.
• Ensure all activities are carried out according to the set policies, execution, models, procedures, etc.
• Oversee the delivery of all projects to meet the time, cost, quality, safety, and sustainability targets, ensuring risk is managed and targets are met.
• Follow up on each project stage and ensure completion deadlines are met.
• Ensure that all non-conformities are closed on time.
• Attend joint inspections and ensure all snags are closed upon project completion.
• Oversee timely request and receipt of Taking Over Certificate.
• Identify complex project risks, lead constructability reviews, develop risk mitigation and contingency plans, and implement action plans to reduce or eliminate project risks for clients and companies.
• Provide on-site leadership for project teams by building and motivating team members to meet project goals, adhering to their responsibilities and project milestones.
• Oversee performance of all projects including, project status, schedule, cost control, change management systems.
• Attend and lead key project meetings, including progress, pre-construction, and pre-award.
• Follow up all ongoing site works and ensure that Project Managers are meeting required standards.
• Monitor, track and control outcomes to resolve issues, conflicts, dependencies, and critical path deliverables.
• Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project teams, analyze results and troubleshoot problem areas.
• Assign project workforce budgets and completion period.
• Determine and manage the manpower requirements for all projects.
• Ensure a proper mobilization of the workforce, materials, and subcontractors for all projects.
Projects Staff Management
• Organize and oversee the training needs and procedures for employees to ensure proper training and development of all employees in project management functions.
• Appraise and coach Project Managers so that all team members maintain up-to-date skills and knowledge to cope with the demands of assigned projects.
• Maintain awareness of team needs, appraising at regular intervals, identifying the direction, and generating realistic training and objectives.
• Complete and structure team including project planning, scheduling, resourcing, and communication/engagement.
• Ensure Project Managers effectively supervise and manage their own multidiscipline teams.
• Gather details and compile data to estimate/manage all construction costs according to specifications.
• Prepare a checklist for all project categories and ensure their availability, quality, and cost-effectiveness.
• Identify and develop trusted adviser relationships with project stakeholders, clients, and consultants.
• Ensure the proactive management of client and consultant relationships during project delivery to ensure expectations are achieved, including, changes to deliverables.
• Deal with the escalation of contract disputes to mitigate the impact and support on-time delivery.
• Attend and lead key project meetings.
• Ensuring contractual obligations related to the construction are fulfilled.
• Provide weekly status reporting regarding project milestones, deliverables, dependencies, risks, and issues to Management.
Profile & Background
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related field of study.
• Project Management Certification
• 15+ years of related experience in ground engineering construction (piling, foundations, shoring, etc)
• In charge of multiple projects at the same time
• Fluent in English and Arabic.
• Microsoft Office and other related Project management software.
• Highly competitive package
• Based in Abu Dhabi, UAE
TRAC does not share any personal or role-related information provided by candidates or clients with a third party unless explicitly authorized to do so. Candidates are not permitted to share any information provided by TRAC employees or clients unless authorized to do so in writing.
About the Company
For all organizations the key to success is people. Ensuring the effective and efficient use of human talent to accomplish organizational goals is an essential aspect for development and competitive edge. TRAC offers global, long-term and forward thinking solutions to organizations of various sizes and industries in the Middle East and Africa, in order to assist in improving internal processes, reducing risk and maximizing financial gain.
Our experience and specialization enables us to present our clients with valuable insights on the MENA markets and to provide them with outcomes, which consider the diverse cultures of the MENA region.
Construction Project Manager
Rider Levett Bucknall
Senior Project Coordinator / Project Manager
Project Manager - Construction
A Leading Real Estate Company in UAE
A Leading Construction Company in the UAE