Emerson delivers control and safety systems to help provide a safer, more environmentally efficient manufacturing process. With a complete system offering - from distributed control systems to safety instrumented systems - Emerson's superior technology combined with industry-specific engineering, consulting, project management and maintenance services improves your operations in an easy, intuitive, and interoperable way.
Based in our Middle East & Africa HQ, we have a vacancy in our Automation Solutions business for a Project Engineer. You will be a member of the Project Management team in our PlantWeb Solutions group, and will be expected to manage the delivery of medium size DCS, SCADA & RTU projects across the MEA region.
* Be the primary contact for all matters relating to the scope and Engineering of all allocated projects to ensure that each customer's expectations are fully understood, managed and achieved.
* Take ownership of the project activities on all allocated projects and proactively utilise methodologies, resources and techniques for minimising the execution cost, whilst maintaining the requisite schedule and quality standard.
* Be expected to provide technical leadership to the project engineering team.
* Actively contribute to the development of a realistic and achievable project execution plan.
* Ensure that all the project team members, inclusive of any third parties, are provided with all necessary and relevant information - details of scope, schedule, technical specifications and quality standards - to effectively deliver their allotted work.
* Manage procurement activities with help of the procurement organisation for all project related buy outs/ subcontracted services etc.
* Actively contribute to any assigned bid activities to ensure that the customer's requirements are fully understood and that innovative and cost effective solutions are proposed.
* Take overall responsibility for the management of the other parties - product vendors, sub-contractors, other Emerson teams and third parties undertaking work on behalf of a customer - that are providing products and services associated with the Senior Lead Engineer's portfolio of projects.
* Recognise and accept HSE Roles & Responsibilities as defined in Emerson's Company Policy and Procedures.
* 8-10 years experience in the Instrumentation & Control industry
* Experience as a customer facing Lead Engineer on small projects ($15 - 150K)
* Have lead a team of experienced engineers on a control system project as part of system supplier team
* Have a solid understanding of control system architecture & communication standards
* Hands on experience on Control Wave & Open Enterprise platforms
* Experience on DeltaV platform will be an added advantage
* You will also have a Bachelor's degree in Instrumentation, Electronics or Chemical engineering and preferably PMP Certification
French and Arabic language skills are an advantage.
About the Company
Emerson (NYSE: EMR) is a diversified global manufacturing and technology company. We offer a wide range of products and services in the areas of process management, climate technologies, network power, storage solutions, professional tools, appliance solutions, motor technologies, and industrial automation. Recognized widely for our engineering capabilities and management excellence, Emerson has more than 140,000 employees and approximately 265 manufacturing locations worldwide.
Site Coordination Engineer
Arabian Construction Company (ACC)
Arabian Construction Company (ACC)
Trevi Ground Engineering
Project Engineer - Buildings