Job description / Role
• Create sales, submittal, and fabrication drawings using SolidWorks in accordance with ANSI drafting standards.
• Design FRP tanks, ductwork, structural steel, and other components per project requirements.
• Review project specifications to determine equipment compliance, materials of construction and other specified requirements.
• Prepare Engineering submittals and O&M manuals for projects.
• Prepare bills of materials (BOMs) to delineate equipment included in a project.
• Create Piping and Instrumentation (P&ID) diagrams.
• Review electrical drawings and electrical bill of materials (EBOMs) for accuracy, and create electrical installation drawings.
• Work with fabricators to improve manufacturability of equipment and reduce cost.
• Communicate with engineers and customers regarding project issues.
• Communicate with equipment suppliers regarding equipment design and serviceability issues.
• Identify and track the completion of all tasks required to execute individual and concurrent projects.
• Work with team to keep projects on schedule and meet critical deadlines.
• Occasional travel to suppliers, vendors, and manufacturers for equipment compliance inspection & FAT.
• Occasional travel to job sites for pre-award meetings and post-award installation reviews.
• May assign other assignments for which you are deemed capable.
• Bachelors (or equivalent) degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college/university plus a minimum of four years’ experience in project engineering role
• Proficiency and experience creating models and fabrication drawings using SolidWorks and AutoCad
• Proficiency with computers and MS Office software
• Have strong organizational, documentation, and writing skills
• Able to work independently as well as in a team environment
• Have a professional aptitude & positive “can do” attitude
• Have good command of the English language
• Have a valid UAE driver’s license
About the Company
One of the leading manufacturing companies in UAE