Job description / Role
Our client, a well-known company is currently looking for a Project Engineer for a one-year contract position.
The Project Engineer will manage the new construction capital project progress and deliverables. Provide site construction interface, technical support and management and act as the client site representative.
Key Job Responsibilities
• Act on behalf of the client to ensure that the Principal Consultant and Contractor are pro-active in discharging (both accountable and responsible) their duties under the main contract
• Notify Consultant / Contractor of defects.
• Undertake the role of client representative for sensible monitoring of site construction activities and assure that an effective site practices is in place
• Ensure that the project documentation management system is established and maintained on site
• Track and escalate any deviations / change from the agreed Work Instruction and design through to the Project consultant.
• Site coordination with Consultant/Contractor/Client
• Attending construction progress and coordination meetings.
• Site quality inspections.
• Produce reports and snag lists for Civil and MEP services.
• Technical advisory and construction documentation reviews from maintenance and facilities management prospective.
• Attending the site Testing and Commissioning activities
• Review Building/ Systems integration with the main campus control room
• Support value engineering assessments as required
Develop asset register
• Develop Operation & Maintenance schedules
• DLP support and management
• Provide the best industry practices in developing the handover documentation related to the operations and maintenance manuals
Review the project hand over documentation (As built drawings, O&M manuals, warranties etc.)
• Ensure the contractor\consultant full compliance with all contract deliverables and service outputs.
• Monitor and report on the site progress
• Liaise closely and report to facilities department and their appointed representatives.
• Liaise with all external service providers and authorities ensuring compliance with all local legislation whenever required.
• Perform line management duties to staff under your control
• Educated to minimum of degree level in Electrical\Mechanical Discipline
• At least 8 years engineering experience within the construction or project management Industries.
• At least 5 years’ experience managing the delivery of complex high value contracts within the construction \ maintenance industries.
• Complete knowledge of Health and Safety legislation and local requirements
• Demonstrable skills in dealing and working closely with contractors\consultants\clients on complex projects environment.
• Proven ability to manage and record project interface information
• Strong written and oral communication skills in English.
• A competency level of computer literacy in the more common applications
• UAE Driving License
• Membership of a professional Electrical\Mechanical or Project management Association.
• Excellent communication skills in Arabic at all levels
About the Company
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.
United Arab Emirates University (UAEU)
|Al Ain||4 Apr|
United Arab Emirates University (UAEU)
|Al Ain||24 Mar|
Mechanical Design Engineer for a Construction and Engineering Company
A Leading Recruitment Agency in UAE
A Leading Contracting Company in Abu Dhabi