Job description / Role
Purpose of the Role
Provide engineering input and support to the Projects, Tender and Operations department within own engineering discipline
Operational Roles & Responsibilities
• Completion of allocated engineering tasks in compliance with company engineering Standards, Safety Policies and Assurance objectives
• Identify all risks associate with the allocated engineering tasks. Ensure that they are mitigated as far as reasonably practicable and provide updates to Manager for maintenance of the project risk register
• Procurement of materials and services to suit project specifications and company contracting principles, including seeking support and guidance from subcontractors
• Prepare installation engineering calculations to determine suitable installation methodologies and limiting criteria in accordance with project specifications and company engineering standards for task allocated
• Prepare installation procedures after reviewing best practice for similar operations
• Interface with Drawing Office to ensure timely preparation of drawings required for inclusion in engineering documents and procedures
• Prepare Lift Plans in compliance with company Lifting Operations procedure
• Prepare deck equipment layouts and seafastening design calculations including detail design of any grillage, winch base and outrigger requirements
• Specification and ordering of suitable installation equipment for the calculated loads, etc. from internal and external suppliers
• Other duties as directed by Telford Offshore line management from time to time.
• Civil, Mechanical or an equivalent Engineering discipline.
• At least 4 years’ experience in the offshore industry; preferably in offshore installation/ construction engineering.
• Good command of the English language; both written and spoken.
• Theoretical and practical knowledge of offshore transportation and installation of pipelines, subsea structures and/or offshore platforms.
• Good working knowledge of common industry Engineering software, such as Ansys, Offpipe, Orcaflex, SACS or equivalent software.
• Good working knowledge of generic software, such as MS Office, Autocad, MathCAD.
• Good reporting skills.
Project Engineers are also expected to have robust experience in one or more of the following areas:
• Project Engineer – pipeline, umbilical or structure installation:
• Procurement, fabrication supervision and installation of rigid pipeline, flexible pipe, umbilicals / power cables and structures.
• Survey / Utility vessel installation engineering and procedures.
• IRM Works.
About the Company
Telford Offshore is a new company built on years of experience – both in terms of personnel and offshore assets - with the insight and expertise gained from serving the Oil and Gas industry around the world.
We offer flexible accommodation and construction services for both greenfield and brownfield projects. Working in partnership with the full range of operators and contractors we add value through our unique combination of flexible assets, know-how and efficiency.