Job description / Role
Project Engineer / Architect
Parsons is a technology-driven engineering services firm with more than 70 years of experience in the engineering, construction, technical, and professional services industries. The corporation is a leader in many diversified markets with a focus on infrastructure, defense, and construction. Parsons delivers design/design-build, program/construction management, systems design/engineering, cyber/converged security, and other professional services packaged in innovative alternative delivery methods to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide.
• Supervise mid-size design contract.
• Review and approve the design of aircraft hardstands.
• Review and approve the design of client engineering building.
• Oversee and direct the shop drawing approval process.
• Develop meeting minutes for design and progress meetings.
• Oversee and direct site supervision team during the construction phase. Supervise land surveying and geotechnical tasks.
• Review and approve all method statements by contractors.
• Develop the air and land side fence allocation in different stages during construction phase.
• Arrange and attend stakeholder coordination meetings. Prepare agendas, meeting invites and MoMs minutes.
• Prepare RFP documents and scope descriptions and exhibits for enabling works. Issue addenda for RFP.
• Start and organize document control library of existing facility as-builts, UG utilities, and geotechnical reports.
• Perform other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
• Degree in Civil Engineering or Architecture.
• At least 15 years of relevant experience in managing design contracts, supervising design and related site works.
• Preferably with at least 3 years’ experience working on the same capacity in an international airport project in an engineering – consulting firm.
• Preferably with at least 5 years relevant experience in UAE or GCC region.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.