Job description / Role
Support the financing for AMEA’s projects
• Build knowledge of market trends and lender appetites for relevant project types and locations
• Lead market sounding and debt raising processes in respect of projects pursued
• Provide project finance support on ongoing basis, at various stages of the project development, until financial close
• Lead negotiations and execution of the financing agreements as part of the PF team
• Be the focal point of contacts for lenders for all topics related to the completion of their due diligence
• Nurture and build relationships with lenders, insurance providers, DFIs and IFIs, multilateral and bi-lateral institutions and other developers
• Undertake the necessary due diligence, financial modeling and risk analysis for current and prospective projects
• Provide financial modeling and analytical support for discussions with various stakeholders: Internal (e.g. work streams, Executive Management Team); and External (e.g. co-developers/shareholders and Lenders).
Assess and structure project development/ investment opportunities
• For new opportunities, assess project structures and documentation from both an investment perspective and a Project Finance lending perspective
• For projects pursued, assist in structuring deal and documentation to satisfy investors and Project Finance lenders
• Assist in origination of deals where possible
• Contribute to risk analysis of prospective and current projects
• Identify gaps in compliance with required covenants guidelines, policies and procedures
Support valuation of projects
• Create framework of valuation tools for different project styles and stages
• Develop expertise in financial modeling and analysis via formal training and self-study
• Lead and/or supervise valuation process for new opportunities
• More than 5 years of relevant work experience (some part of it preferably with a multinational organization)
• More than 2 years of experience in the lead role
• Understanding of the various power generation technologies and key business drivers
• Understanding of the economic landscape of the target markets
• Bachelor’s degree in a business, finance or engineering related subject
• Master’s degree in finance or equivalent qualification (undergoing / completed)
• Project Finance structuring (documentation, due diligence requirements, deal process) - Intermediate
• MS Office Suite - Expert
• Financial Modeling - Expert
About the Company
AMEA Power develops, owns, and operates thermal and renewable power projects in Africa, the Middle East and Asia. The company offers a wide range of power solutions that meet the needs of the emerging markets they cater to, including conventional (Gas, Coal and Oil) and Renewable (Solar PV and CSP, Wind, Hydro and Hybrid) power plants. AMEA Power is led by a world-class management team of professionals with extensive and diversified experience in project development, finance and operations, and a successful track record in project execution.
The accelerating demands for reliable and sustainable power in Africa, the Middle East and Asia coupled with economic growth and development present a sound investment opportunity in power generation. AMEA Power is creating innovative and tailored solutions aimed at meeting these growing regional needs, while contributing to the regions’ economic development. The AMEA Power team has also developed a deep understanding of the political and regulatory frameworks of target markets and is experienced in structuring projects to meet best-in-class industry standards in order to mitigate emerging market risks. Consequently, the AMEA Power team is uniquely positioned to deploy its resources, expertise and capital in a fast, efficient and responsible manner.
AMEA Power benefits from broad regional access and a strong business network of leading industry partners. Furthermore, the company enjoys privileged access to capital having developed long-term stable relationships with reputable investors and leading financial institutions, enabling it to promptly mobilize financing when needed.