Job description / Role
Excellent opportunity has arisen for our client in the construction sector.
We are currently searching for a Project Finance Manager, reporting into the Head of Finance.
This position acts as the business’s general Finance Manager/Controller and MUST have a strong background in a project related industry, such as construction or landscaping. Responsible for the financial management of multiple projects of varying sizes for various business lines and groups of project managers; is the Finance partner to the project team. The Finance Manager will work closely with the operations team over the complete life cycle of a project, including potentially giving input to the bid preparation phase.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Overseeing a small finance team of approx. 5 people, including allocating work, mentoring, motivating and training
• Fully responsible for all accounting aspects of the company (overseeing AR/AP/billing/GL etc)
• Interface with project manager and project delivery teams
• Monitor projects for contract compliance
• Ensure all incurred cost is reflected accurately and in a timely fashion on the project
• Monitor project performance and key indicators: support PM as required in understanding project performance
• Monitor & analyze revenue to ensure proper revenue recognition methods used, be able to explain key project metrics and lead indicators.
• Preparation and update of the system for all active projects, ensuring that the current budget reflects original contract plus all client approved changes
• Fully responsible for monthly close activities
• Work proactively over the month to clear project financial issues, such as % complete
• Prepare and monitor project cash flow
• Understand the commercial and billing requirements of the projects, ensure project set up accurately reflects proper billing requirements
• Internal and external audit support, when required
AED 25,000 to 30,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
• Chartered Accountant with around 10 years PQE, has energy to keep learning and looking forward to the next career step
• Experience within construction industry (3 years min)
• Trained in an accountancy firm as an Auditor
• Very solid team management experience
• Strong personality able to ensure compliance with accounting policies and procedures
• Able to communicate effectively with non finance people.
• Able to adhere to tight deadlines, team player
• Good understanding or ability to quickly understand ERP systems.
Due to currently receiving an average of 2000 CV applications per job advertised, we apologize that we cannot reply to everybody however we do guarantee that we look at every single application. If you haven’t had a response from us within 14 days, you can assume you haven’t been successful on this occasion. (LV)
About the Company
Inspire Selection is headquartered in Dubai and recruits across the Middle East region. We employ highly knowledgeable, professional consultants who are experts in connecting the right people with the right opportunities. Our reputation has been built upon our honesty, integrity and our ability to source candidates of the highest calibre right across our specialist sectors. As a result, we are recruitment partners to a wide spectrum of organisations - from leading blue chip companies to smaller, local businesses. Sectors we cover include HR, Administration, Finance & Accounting, Insurance, Legal, Sales & Marketing, IT, Oil/Gas/Energy, Engineering, Procurement, Manufacturing, Logistics & Supply Chain.