Job description / Role
Currie & Brown has a range of opportunities across its Middle East offices, and we are currently looking for a highly qualified project manager for a large mixed-use development in Dubai, UAE.
The successful candidate will support project leaders in generating a high standard of service delivery, achieving successful outcomes for our clients, capturing and sharing knowledge across projects, enhancing our culture of innovation and reinforcing our reputation as preferred service provider.
Responsibilities for the successful candidate will include:
• Planning the delivery of the project at hand
• Managing day-to-day working, utilisation, implementation and technical consultants engaged on client assignments
• Reporting progress on projects to sector management; maintaining and updating project reporting, checkpoints and financial reporting to a high standard
• Planning and arranging visits to existing and new potential clients, ensuring that every client receives sufficient support to enhance their relationship
• Developing contacts with senior staff, directors, and other influential staff within each account during the implementation phase
• Producing reports on each project at agreed intervals, and whenever substantive actions are required
• BSc in civil engineering or construction-related subject
• Membership of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS), CIOB or MAPM
• Preferably Western national or western-educated
• A minimum of 10 years’ technical delivery experience gained within a global construction consultancy
• Experience of working on large mixed-use or hospitality and leisure developments
• Post-contract experience
• Middle East experience
• Good technical writing, client-facing and communication skills (both internal and external)
• Well-organised, diligent, proactive, assertive, well-disciplined and commercially astute
• A team player with a ‘can do’ attitude, outgoing, polite, patient, diplomatic, personable, respectful and flexible
About the Company
Currie & Brown is one of the world’s leading physical assets management and construction consultancies, dedicated to advising clients in respect of the procurement, construction, management and utilisation of their physical assets.
From airports to corporate headquarters, power stations to health and education, leisure and hotel facilities to transportation infrastructure – the sheer range of projects we are involved in gives us a vast breadth and depth of experience. Projects of this kind cannot be tackled with an ‘off-the-peg, one-size-fits-all’ solution. Instead, we apply flexible working and innovative thinking to provide a value-for-money, tailored solution.
We operate throughout the world and have offices in the Americas, Asia Pacific, Europe, India and the Middle East.