Job description / Role
Mott MacDonald is a £1.2 billion management, engineering and development consultancy with 16,000 staff and a global reach spanning six continents. Our network of 180 principal offices in 140 countries gives us local market insight backed by world class expertise to deliver excellence for every client.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.
- This role is responsible for management and co-ordination of major multidiscipline upstream, mid-stream oil & gas engineering projects associated with both Greenfield and Brownfield sites.
- The incumbent will be responsible for the management of teams of Project Engineers, Discipline Engineers and Designers and other specialists involved in the development of major projects at various stages from conceptual design through to detail design, implementation and commissioning.
- Safety - Responsible for personal safety and safe working practices. Understand and follow OH&S procedures.
- Management and control of health, safety and environmental risks associated with project activities.
- Management of pre-qualification submissions and tenders
- Scope, budget and schedule development
- Project cost and schedule monitoring, control and analysis
- Extensive working knowledge in Change Management (schedule and cost), negotiation skills
- Responsibility for project commercial outcomes (Revenue, EBIT and cash-flow timing)
- Extensive working knowledge in project cost management and scheduling tools
- Degree in Engineering from a recognized University.
- Minimum of 15-20 years oil & gas industry experience
- Sound understanding of applicable local & international engineering standards and codes of practice
- Demonstrable commitment to HSE management in an Oil and Gas project environment
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- A proven track record in managing major projects with a minimum of 10 years' experience as a Project Manager for significant Oil and Gas projects with UAE based clients
- Working knowledge of industry standard business support systems i.e. project planning packages, cost management systems, ISO9001 quality management systems
- A high level of customer focus
- Ability to work under pressure in an environment which expects the highest levels of customer service, confidentiality and ethical behaviour.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills within a multicultural environment.
- Adaptability, initiative and problem-solving capability.
- Requires highly motivated, capable of managing interfaces between the Design Team, Finance, Sub contractors, Customers, Construction, Operations, etc.
- Previous Project Management Consultant and Middle East experience is highly advantageous
- Must possess people management and leadership skills, have a strong commercial
- Awareness and experience of implementing company safety and quality management systems.
About the Company
The Mott MacDonald Group is a diverse management, engineering and development consultancy delivering solutions for public and private clients world-wide.
Mott MacDonald's uniquely diverse 1 billion global consultancy works across 12 core business areas.
As one of the world's largest employee-owned companies with over 14,000 staff, we have principal offices in nearly 50 countries and projects in 140.