Job description / Role
Project Manager – Waste to Energy Plant
$Negotiable Salary + Excellent Benefits
Digby Morris’ client was established in Beirut in the 1960’s and by the mid 1980’s had successfully opened branches in Iraq, Algeria, the UAE, Qatar and Syria. As an EPC and general services contractor the business works across a diverse range of industry sectors including Architectural/Building Construction, Utilities, Oil & Gas and Transportation projects.The company has a dedicated workforce of four thousands + employees. Owing to a recent project award, the company is looking for a Project Manager to lead the delivery of a waste to energy plant in Sharjah. The role would be initially site based in the UAE with mobilisation required in less than 8 weeks.
• Job holders are responsible of planning, controlling and managing the project’s activities as well as the related resources to meet the project’s objectives in terms of quality, cost and time. This role involves a high level of leadership skills with a great emphasis on maximizing the project’s profitability. Furthermore, job holders should have a great emphasis on decision making, proactive problem solving and results driven approach.
• Review, adjust and validate the project’s baseline schedule and budget, follow-up on the work progress and relevant cost and take appropriate measures to meet the project’s objectives.
• Assess the project’s needs and set a strategy for the proper provision and management of resources in order to boost productivity while optimizing relevant cost.
• Coordinate with the project’s section managers to make sure all prerequisite requirements (documents, resources, etc...) are ensured on time and that the workflow is well organized to avoid any delays in the work execution.
• Pick-up the most suitable work methodologies after consulting concerned person, oversee the execution of work on the project’s site, intervene whenever needed to ensure overall performance.
• Review QA/QC reports as well as the client/consultant’s observations, discuss findings with relevant persons and make sure the work is executed in compliance with relevant designs/specifications/standards and quality requirements.
• Approve and validate operations that stipulate additional cost on the project, verify the work/products/services of external providers and take appropriate measures to avoid overstepping quality and cost objectives.
• Collects metrics data (such as baseline, actual values for costs, delays, work completed, productivity, etc...), identify and analyze deviations, reports on the project’s performance and progress and develop action plans to secure the project’s profitability.
• Manage proactively all contractual matters related to the project, negotiate variations/changes and get internal technical support to defend the company against any contractual breaches and preserve global interests.
• Supervise the timely production, submission and reception of documents/reports and make sure appropriate follow-up is made by concerned parties to avoid potential delays or undesirable events.
• Overview the proper application of the document control activity and make sure all data are entered systematically on BIS to ensure full traceability of the project’s activities and avoid any loss/deterioration of relevant documents/records.
• Identify and analyze project’s related problems, assess relevant risks and prepare mitigation plans to minimize relevant costs and meet the project’s objectives.
• Organize regular/periodic meetings with the project’s staff, communicate targets, discuss problems and review the work progress and challenges to gain the full involvement of people.
• Oversee the proper implementation of policies and procedures (including safety) to ensure conformity on the project’s site.
• Liaise with external parties on any matter relevant to the project, discuss it internally if needed, and develop communication strategies to maintain mutually beneficial relationships.
• Lead and motivate people, drive them towards successful achievements, provide coaching and support when needed and create a strong team spirit culture to boost internal productivity.
• Manage individual performance, identify internal talents and coordinate with concerned parties to develop employees’ potential.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills:
• Engineering degree with PMP Certification. MBA or masters’ degree is a plus;
• Member of/accredited from the national engineering body in his country;
• Minimum of 10 years of experience on site;
• High level of leadership skills with great concern for quality, time and cost;
• Results orientation, Strong communication, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
• Mastering English and Arabic languages – written and spoken. French is a plus.
About the Company
Digby Morris one of the first choice recruitment consultancies operating within the property and construction industry. Offering expertise in executive search & selection, contingency recruitment, interim management and contract placements as well as a comprehensive range of specialist consulting services, we understand that every clients requirement is different and tailor each project to our clients\\' needs.
We specialise solely in the placement of property and construction professionals from graduates to senior managers, partners and main board directors. To date our clients have included:
- Private Practices
- Leisure Operators
- Financial Institutions
- House Builders