Job description / Role
• Acts as the Company representative with the client and selected subcontractors during the program execution.
• Negotiates changes to the scope of work with the client and key subcontractors.
• Responsible for following up on instructions and commitments associated with the project.
• May participate in negotiations with regulatory agencies and in public meetings in support of clients.
• Oversees establishment of Project Execution Plan, Health and Safety Plan, Quality Assurance/Quality Control Plan, and other documents as required.
• Establishes the program requirements for all areas of the project and monitors the draft and final deliverables for adherence to these criteria.
• Responsible for the development and distribution of a description of the project to all members of the project team for reference.
• Plans, directs, supervises, and controls the execution of all business, technical, fiscal, and administrative functions of the assigned project.
• Assigns responsibility for executing project plans to key subordinates after careful assessment of how to utilize their qualifications and strengths.
• Provides input to performance reviews and development plans for subordinates.
• Mobilizes company resources, through liaison with support departments, other offices, or subsidiaries, to create project teams capable of completing effective, quality work.
• Discusses the qualifications required of the key project positions in specific detail with the profit center and department managers.
• Works with other managers, project engineers, and discipline leads to develop budgets, schedules, and plans for the various elements of a project.
• Ensures that the project meets or exceeds goals established in these plans.
• Works with the key project individual to devise and execute actions plans to rectify potential cost overruns or delays, or to accommodate significant changes to the scope of work.
• Promotes technical and commercial excellence on the project through application of Quality Assurance processes.
• Monitors and reports to management on the progress of all project activity within the program, including significant milestones, and any conditions, which would affect project cost or schedule.
• Establishes weekly meeting to review project status and formulate action items.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering related technical/business field from a recognized institution
• Minimum 12+ years of design experience is required, with 5+ years of design management of Infrastructure/Development projects
• In particular, must have a strong background in infrastructure design and good knowledge and understanding of associated design disciplines such as roads, traffic, structures, drainage, utilities, street lighting, MEP, landscaping and masterplanning.
• Should have a broad general technical and business background with emphasis on infrastructure related projects
• Professional registration is desirable
• Must have the ability to manage projects, interface with clients and enjoy being hands on technically in the project
• Must be experienced in coordinating multi-discipline design teams, and able to align them to meet project goals
• Comprehensive knowledge of industry standards
• Proven ability to perform in a management capacity, with excellent written and oral communications
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Project Construction Manager
TRS Staffing Solutions
Senior Project Manager
Ignite Search & Selection
|Abu Dhabi||31 Jan|
Senior Resident Engineer
Construction Manager (Buildings)
|Abu Dhabi||8 Mar|