Job description / Role
In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow's possible.
Thales has built a presence in the United Arab Emirates for over 35 years, and today has over 300 employees. Thales in the UAE is part of our Middle East business that has 1,800 people across Egypt, Iraq, Kuwait, KSA, Lebanon, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar and UAE. Together we delivered technology for the Dubai metro, the longest driverless metro network in the world and a fare collection system that processes up to 250,000 transactions per day. We make UAE a safer place by providing secure electronic payment solutions, cyber security systems and communications as well as security systems for Dubai International Airport and air traffic management and navigation systems for Abu Dhabi's airport.
As Solution Manager of the P&SD team in Government Business Unit, you address in coordination with the sales team, the customers' needs in order to offer the most appropriate technical solutions. You contribute to maximizing the solutions turnover and profit margin by being responsible for the technical offers and cost structure. You will mainly address the Maghreb business, with potential extension to Middle East depending on the activities.
- You are the technical interface of the solutions area team within the GBU business line
- You drive the definition of solutions for prospects and customers
- During the pre-bid phase, you understand customer requirements and lead technical consulting and support to define the solution
- You organize technical lobbying/influence through customer/partners technical meetings, workshops, and solutions presentation
- In the scope of the due diligence process, you contribute to the partner identification and assess the partner technically, as well as define and agree on the SOW for the identified (local) partners and suppliers
- During the bid process, you are the primary interface for the internal team, lead the technical answer, and are accountable for the global costs structure (Gemalto documents excluded), and you challenge and validate cost proposals
- You lead Proof-Of-Concept (POC) solutions and demos related to the identified opportunity, either in pre-bid phase or during tenders
- You participate actively in pre-sales activity in the area and contribute to the development of technical business for new solutions or services
- You may handle the logging and updating of 'Opportunities' data to feed the Master Plan, including workload, milestones, and financials
- You are responsible for the "Engagement Review" to ensure a clear transfer of responsibility to the Delivery teams (including Project Management, Customer Service, Controlling)
- You ensure that all required solution management activities, as part of bid process, is completed within the allocated and agreed upon timeframe.
- You have a clear reporting to your manager on your activities
- Bachelor or Master's degree
- Technical degree preferred
- Strong technical background in software development, software architecture, knowledgeable in IT architecture and solutions such As: Authentication, Signature with PKI), Biometrics is considered as a strong plus.
- Preferred previous experience in one or more of the following (minimum 5 years): R&D project leader, R&D team manager, Solution Architect, Project Manager, Technical Sales, and Product Manager
- Fluent English and Arabic
- Negotiation skills
- Communication & presentation skills
- Contract legal understanding
- Finance understanding
- Ability to learn quickly new customer's processes and environments
- Understanding on revenue recognition schemes
- Customer oriented
- Team worker
- Ability to work under pressure
- Coordination skills
- Business oriented
- Creative intelligence
- Mobile for frequent traveling
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
About the Company
With operations in 50 countries and 68,000 employees, Thales is a world leader in mission-critical information systems for defence and security, aerospace and transportation.
Building on its expertise in the most sophisticated technologies and large-scale software systems, Thales is stepping up to the security challenges of its customers in an increasingly complex world. With its global network of 22,500 high-level researchers, Thales has earned particular recognition for its ability to develop and deploy dual civil and military technologies. Leveraging its international operations and spanning the entire value chain from equipment to systems and services, Thales is playing a pivotal role in making the world a safer place.
|Abu Dhabi||15 May|
Ignite Search & Selection
Sales & Marketing Coordinator
Dubai Parks and Resorts
Technology Project Manager / Product Manager / BA