Job description / Role
The impossible is just the beginning at DarkMatter. An agile startup with a global mindset, we're innovating for our clients and securing them from tomorrow's threats today. We work across teams, geographies and industries to provide holistic, secure, trusted and integrated protection services in areas such as:
- Governance, Risk & Compliance
- Cyber Network Defense
- Managed Security Services
- Secure Communications
- Infrastructure & System Integration
- Public Key Infrastructure
- Test & Validation Labs
We created KATIM, the world's most secure smart phone and communications suite, and we're looking ahead to what comes next. Our rapidly developing digital reality demands we look at and implement cyber security in a different way than we have in the past, and we are at the forefront of this "sea" change.
Our people define us. They are talented adventurers who are shaping the tech landscape from Abu Dhabi with their considerable expertise and experience. For them, DarkMatter is a place where they can make their cyber security dreams come true. We embrace and foster the entrepreneurial spirit that propels our people and our company forward. Our industry is ever evolving, and so are we.
- The Project Specialist will help on various aspects of those project activities, supporting from interaction with vendors, finance, assisting with project deliverable, client meetings, report generation, financial and contractual delivery tracking and overall assistance to respective project managers and associated client deliverable.
- The Project Specialist will be involved in day to day project delivery support tasks, but also focus on maintaining and improving the processes and automation for overall benefit in more efficient reporting, tracking and standardization (project reports, consolidated financial reports inclusive of invoicing, revenue generation and recognition, project closures, etc.)
- The role is also expected to be customer facing where the Project Specialist will be able to interact with different levels of the customer's organization and understand the best way to always give the customer satisfaction.
As a Project Specialist, you will:
- Provide support offered to leading Project managed and indirectly or directly customers (External and internal)
- Track and create risk/issues registers
- Tracking against compliance to key delivery milestones
- Regular validation of status reporting (weekly) and assistance in providing required content to lead project managers for senior stakeholder updates (steerco sessions, etc)
- Create and track all required financial and legal contract support
- Create and maintain deliverables for each submitted order, due dates, delivery dates, client site logistical arrangements and goods receipt acceptance upon delivery
- Financial tracking of all purchased hardware and software bill of materials, vendor SoWs, resource allocation/burn rate and monthly project forecasts vs actual (burn rate and variances)
- Create centralised report capture structure (for consolidation of all project reports)
- Seek to enable automation, standardization and improvements across all tracking functions
- Ensure weekly and monthly allocations timesheet booking and overall billability of the assigned resources is achieved as per plan.
To bring your dream to life, you'll need:
- 3-5 years business management experience in financial and vendor management tracking as well as some level of technical experience
- Relevant tertiary education (ICT, Economics, Finance, Business, etc)
- Proven prior team work experience as well as process adherence and improvements across regular tracking and control
- Evidence in project coordination and contract management knowledge
- Contractual and financial experience
- Vendor management experience (engagement, tracking, follow up
- Payment and revenue/budget tracking experience
- Tracking and Reporting knowledge
- Experience in working in cross functional teams
- Experience in supporting senior team members on required activities
- Knowledge and understanding of infrastructure.
- Good English in speaking and writing (must
- Arabic speaker is a plus
- Takes responsibility
- Well organized
- Customer facing role
- Work independently
- Follow procedures and policies
- Able to work together with and contribute to the team
At DarkMatter we believe that "impossible is only the beginning." That's why we empower our employees to create, not just their future at our company, but also the future of cyber security around the world. As a member of our growing team, you'll take your vision and use your creativity to produce the technology solutions of tomorrow. With the agility of a startup and the talent of an experienced firm, we'll connect you with like-minded colleagues ready to create what's next in the field. When the only constant in tech is change, shift your focus to the UAE and lead the next development at DarkMatter.
Working in Abu Dhabi
Just off the Arab Gulf and right at the edge of your imagination, is a place where geniuses make their cyber security dreams come true.
At DarkMatter, we're turning our biggest ideas into reality in the fastest moving and most dynamic city on the planet. Working here, you'll lead technical innovation in the region while taking advantage of all Abu Dhabi has to offer. From first class healthcare and education, to superior living accommodations and cultural attractions, you'll find your ideal career and more in this global crossroads. The UAE is one of the safest and most secure areas in the world. And with its location between Europe, Africa and Asia, you'll expand your worldview in just a short flight. But you won't have to venture far from the city to experience its diversity. You'll find people of over 50 nationalities working at DarkMatter. Join us and see that while far away from the concrete tech jungle, Abu Dhabi is an oasis where your latest innovations will thrive and grow.
About the Company
DarkMatter is transforming the cyber security landscape. Headquartered in the UAE and operating globally, we're the region's first and only fully integrated digital defence and cyber security consultancy and implementation firm. Our elite team of global experts deliver advanced, next-generation solutions to governments and enterprises across the cyber security spectrum.
We help clients simplify the enormous complexity of today's ever-evolving cyber threats. Our vision is to protect the future by securing its technologies. Innovation and Research are cornerstones to our development and the activities in these areas underpin our entire range of offerings, including Secure Communications, Public Key Infrastructure and Big Data & Analytics products.