Job description / Role
Deals - Infrastructure and Government - Projects Technology - Senior Manager - Dubai
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
PwC Global Overview:
At PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We're a network of firms in 157 countries with more than 208,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
PwC Middle East Overview:
Established in the region for over 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 5,600 people across 12 countries: Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Palestine and the United Arab Emirates. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market, and beyond.
Infrastructure and Government - Projects Technology:
The Infrastructure and Government team is one of the fastest growing business units within Deals, and the development of technology solutions and services is integral to this growth strategy. The team is responding to the capital projects & infrastructure market's demand for new technology products, delivered by technology professionals and supported by subject matter experts. In successfully delivering on this demand, PwC has a dedicated client-facing Projects Technology team that drives the co-creation, co-selling and co-delivery of technology solutions with subject matter experts, and brings deep technology and data expertise, including software development, advanced analytics, artificial intelligence and solution implementation/integration.
A professional who will contribute to the growth of our Projects Technology team, specialising in the developing, marketing, implementing and integrating of analytical technology propositions and solutions within the capital projects and infrastructure domain.
- Contribution to business development efforts (both internal and external) is expected, through building and leveraging existing relationships, developing propositions and being active in the market.
- Management of technical project delivery, including work output and quality management, client management and schedule and budget management.
- Management of responding to RFPs, including scope and budget development, pitch preparation and pitch delivery.
- Contribution to innovation and insights on each project, proposal, proposition or proof of concepts through leveraging existing Commercial Off-The-Shelf solutions and driving the development of new technology and/or analytical solutions.
- Working with colleagues in PwC's Middle Eastern offices on client work and internal initiatives as well as with international teams where appropriate and keeping up to date with current trends from the region and from across the world.
- Working to mentor and train other members of the business unit and the project team in order to foster a high performance team environment.
- Whilst working in the Projects Technology team you will develop your understanding of the key themes in the market, with access to the key client accounts in the region.
- You will work collaboratively with other experts to shape the future of our clients and to bring about positive change.
- You will have access to all of the latest training and development tools and the support of the wider PwC network.
Experience and technical expertise:
- In-depth understanding and ability to aggregate and analyse capital projects data and portfolio sources such as Drawings and Designs, Project Schedules, Project Finances and Project Risks from common platforms such as Autocad, Primavera, MS Project, SAP, Oracle. Preferable understanding of BIM models and aggregator tools such as Ares Prism.
- Hands-on experience during their career of scripting and programming in both procedural and non-procedural languages, including SQL, C#/Java and Python, and of data extraction, transformation and loading, data aggregating or warehousing, data analysis including descriptive and predictive analytics and data visualisation in common platforms such as Tableau or PowerBI.
- Experience of co-creating analytical solutions with Subject Matter Experts, including Engineers, Cost Consultants and Accountants.
- Excellent organisational skills, having the ability to prioritise workload whilst being resilient and being able to cope well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines.
- The candidate will be achievement oriented with the ability to be flexible and adaptive on a daily basis. They will be able to work independently and as part of a team with a fast pace and a high energy that will translate into a high quality output.
- Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a computing or data subject area such as Computer Science or Software Engineering.
- Preferable qualifications: The following qualification(s) are preferable and beneficial for the candidate to perform the role: Project Management Professional.
- Years of Experience: 8-10 years experience in technology and data analytics roles, including 2+ years within a capital projects and infrastructure domain, preferably within a professional services environment.
- In-depth understanding of technical implementation/integration of solutions in the capital projects infrastructure sector, specialising in applying analytics and AI across construction data and portfolios.
- Proven IT skills in the following programmes: Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Language Skills: Excellent communication skills (verbal and written). Fluent in English but multilingual Arabic speaker preferable.
- The ability and willingness to travel within the Middle East where the project dictates.
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.