Job description / Role
Purpose of Role
• Coordinate and manage assigned EPIC tenders globally which require any of our DP3 fleet of vessels qualification phase until contract signing / handover to projects.
Operational Roles and Responsibilities
• Review ITT documentation and develop bid / no-bid summary
• Act as single point of contact for clients and management during the various phases of the tender process from pre-qualification phase until contract signing / handover to projects.
• Conduct tender team kick off meeting, set clear agenda and finalise tender deliverable / compliance matrix
• Preparation of proposals ranging from day rate time charters through to Lump Sum EPCI proposals
• estimation (utilising range of internal cost models for basic and complex pricing requirements)
• Prepare and be accountable for the delivery of the proposal, including associated pricing, schedule, qualifications, proposal documentation and ultimately the proposal delivery
• Coordinate and obtain proposal deliverables from other departments associated with finance, contracts, engineering, marine operations, HR and HSEQ
• Scrutinize subcontractor’s proposals with support of the dedicated contracts manager, ensure inclusion of such input in the overall proposal and costing and coordinate the final negotiation with the selected subcontractor
• Present and defend the proposed technical and commercial position during tender board review meetings, prepare and follow-up on internal reporting.
• Participate in meetings with Clients during clarifications rounds and follow-up on actions.
• Management reporting.
• Strategic JV / Partnering review.
• Handover of successful contract award to the project team
• Bachelor or Master degree or equivalent in a relevant Engineering, Business or Commercial based discipline.
• Minimum 8 - 12 years of experience in project management and/or tendering roles with experience gained in Marine / Offshore Oil & Gas sector
• Thorough understanding of sales price components (margins, mark-ups, contingency, amortization, risk allocation, tax application etc.)
• Proven track record of tendering EPIC work in the oil and gas industry for a leading offshore oil and gas contractor
• Proven track record of direct commercial negotiations both up and down stream
• Proficiency working with MS SharePoint, Teams, Word, Excel (advanced) and PowerPoint
• Highly motivated
• Trustworthy and reliable person
• Well-developed social, influencing and negotiating skills.
• Self motivated with the ability to work on your own and/or as a functioning member of a team.
• Able to work under pressure.
• Strong time management skills and ability to set and meet tight deadlines.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Excellent command of the English language (written and spoken).
• Strong co-ordination, organisation and liaison skills with the ability to seek and gain consensus solutions to complex issues.
• Willing and able to travel
About the Company
Telford Offshore is a new company built on years of experience – both in terms of personnel and offshore assets - with the insight and expertise gained from serving the Oil and Gas industry around the world.
We offer flexible accommodation and construction services for both greenfield and brownfield projects. Working in partnership with the full range of operators and contractors we add value through our unique combination of flexible assets, know-how and efficiency.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Bid Manager / Commercial Manager - Future Tech - Engineering
Manager – Contracts & Purchasing
A Leading Real Estate Company in UAE
|Abu Dhabi||30 Aug|
AMI Contracts Manager
NSI & Bluefin Talent
|Abu Dhabi||28 Jun|
Opus Recruit Middle East