Job description / Role
Protocol and Events Officer - EXPO 2020 (UAE National)
BigFish Recruitment are a Dubai based recruitment and HR consultancy company. On behalf of our client ServeU, who have been appointed as the HR Services and Staffing provider to the UK Pavilion at Expo 2020 Dubai, we are seeking talented individuals to work in the United Kingdom’s Pavilion at the Dubai EXPO 2020 event. Visitors to the Pavilion will be provided with an interactive, high tech visitor experience.
We are currently seeking a Protocol and Events Officer to join the UK Pavilion team. The role is to support the UK Pavilion DIT Senior Leadership Team, in the official management of Governmental Protocols and events during Expo 2020
9am to 6pm (including breaks) 5 days a week on a rotating schedule to cover a 7 day operation Weekend work will be required.
Key Tasks and Duties:
• Dealing with all in-coming requests and invitations to the senior team
• Responsible for the UK Pavilion Daily Diary.
• Liaising with other Pavilions and the Expo authorities in the facilitation of visiting Ministers and Officials requesting access to the UK Pavilion and the wider Expo Experience
• Ensuring all gifts and protocol are properly handled
• Keeping a ‘Daily Run Sheet’ a daily record for the UK Pavilion showing daily activities which is used to brief all staff on the day’s visits / delegations / events etc.
• Liaising with professional groups wanting to tour the UK Pavilion.
• Liaising with the Expo authorities to ensure the smooth running of activities, visits and events
• Perform duties whilst adhering to Expo 2020 Covid-19 guidelines and SOPs as instructed during the training and as laid out in the staff handbook
• Excellent diary management and organisational abilities
• Be diplomatic when dealing with other Pavilions and the Expo authorities
• Be an excellent networker
• A good understanding of the English and local languages(s). Other languages would be an advantage
• A good communicator, flexible and excellent team player.
In return you will be provided with a competitive salary plus other benefits and the opportunity of a lifetime to work on such a world-renowned iconic event in what promises to be one of the stand out Exhibition Pavilions.
About the Company
Our aim is to provide our clients and candidates with a consistent, quality service that goes beyond the norm, giving them peace of mind and complete trust in our ability to meet their needs.
Big Fish consultants specialise in their fields and have extensive experience in the region and beyond. We take pride in our knowledge and network and believe that our relationships are built on trust and integrity and are made for the long term.
At Big Fish, as well as caring for the people we work with, we also care about the world and environment we live in, that's why Big Fish support initiatives that promote human welfare, environmental protection and sustainability.
Irwin & Dow
HR / Operations Assistant
Front Office Assistant
Dubai Parks and Resorts
Visitor Guide - EXPO 2020 - UAE National
Big Fish Recruitment