Job description / Role
We are WSP - Join us and make your career future ready!
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
WSP are looking for a Public Realm/Landscape Architect (Senior Project Manager) to join our ongoing project in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
Your new role, what's involved?
* Input into the Client design briefs, scope of works, reports and presentations, as required from public realm perspective.
* Sound understanding of Urban Design principles, as it pertain to public realm and landscaping, and all integrated elements of concept and detail masterplanning
* Consult and advise the Client on sound solutions, in keeping with the fabric of the Masterplan. Manage the full intent and vision of the Masterplan back to the Lead Design Consultant.
* Input into the Masterplan or Project Brief and the scope sections of the RFP for external consultants.
* Provide tender evaluations for technical aspects of RFP submittals from external consultants.
* Develop the Project Implementation Plans (PIPs) and Project Execution Plans (PEP's) for landscape and public realm aspects.
* Update WSP Weekly and Monthly Tracking Sheets and Actions Lists, as directed by WSP Project Controls team.
* Oversee all design activities for landscaping design efforts of open spaces including both natural and built environments and manage the various stages of the design process.
* Well versed with RIBA Plan of Work, and able to manage design and deliverables accordingly.
* Manage all landscape design consultants on a day-to-day basis to ensure that all drawing submittals are in line with WSP and Client requirements. Independent review and advice on optimal solutions to the Client, to ensure best informed decisions are taken.
* Manage and in-depth review of all Consultant design and drawings submissions. Ability to clearly note actions and review comments, and effectively manage the change process.
* Experience and ability to manage all design intent in line with best local, international and documented Environmental & Sustainability standards, goals, and KPIs
* Effectively collaborate throughout the Development function, and within the Masterplanning Team, to ensure a well-coordinated and integrated Masterplan
* Ensure and oversee continuous design liaison with Senior Design Managers for masterplans and public realm, supporting the Design Director and Project Director as required for the overall programme delivery.
* Administer the landscape and urban design consultant contracts in relation to contract implementation, measuring completed work for payments against program and variation orders etc.
* Ensure possible value engineering ideas are identified to cut costs / time and provide recommendations. Manage and approve all proposed VE options.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* 15+ years' experience in landscape and public realm projects, preferably in KSA or GCC region.
* Degree in landscape architecture or similar relevant discipline.
* Member of relevant professional body.
* Excellent leadership skills and ability to delegate and coordinate responsibilities.
* Strong conflict resolution/management skills.
* Strong team player with ability to balance conflicting priorities and take timely decisions.
* Excellent analytical skills.
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.