Job description / Role
Who we are
We are a leading partner for luxury across the Middle East. With more than 600 stores, 300 brands and over 65 years of experience in the region, we have become a major player in the beauty, fashion and gift sectors, by offering service excellence to our partners and delighting all our customers. We are moving fast from a traditional distributor and retailer for luxury in the Middle East, to a hybrid retailer bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
To fuel the next stage of our growth we are looking to build a world class team. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use technology and data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey of exploring new horizons together.
What you'll be doing
The job holder of this position is responsible for ensuring the maintenance of prices in system and providing information for the estimated / actual landed costs. In addition, the job holder of this position is responsible for managing the inventory operations and the monitoring of logistics operations.
- Follow all relevant Supply Chain policies, processes and standard operating procedures so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner
- Implement activities under minimal supervision
- Escalate complex problems to the relevant person to ensure case/issue is closed efficiently and in timely a manner
- Purchase orders:
- Process all purchase orders in system, including non-good items ordered by Marketing
- Maintain up-to-date order book at all time
- Follow-up with suppliers and update system on back-orders
- Send special orders to supplier
- Follow up on deliveries with suppliers
- Item creation and pricing
- Validate local data from item master data file (newly created items) sent by MDM
- Provide all information for item creation for local purchases with no owner at the Group level (e.g. direct purchase by local teams such as watches, sunglasses for beauty stores, items in Kuwait's visitors stores)
- Maintain characteristics (traits) for item in system by location (store, warehouse), e.g. item status (discontinued/inactive), consignment flagging, etc.
- Ensure that maintenance of prices (price markdowns, promotions in stores) is performed correctly and on time in the system and conduct the proper self-checking
- Escalate issues in price maintenance (e.g. promotions) to IT and local merchandise team
- Perform correct and timely re-entry in system after error has been detected
- Perform accurate calculation on initial and revised Estimated Landed Cost
- Make a proposal to regional merchandise team on initial and revised Estimated Landed cost
- Submit to Finance the revised Actual Landed Cost if revision exceeds thresholds
- Enter the new Estimated Landed cost in the system or revised ELC after validation from Regional merchandise manager and finance
- Collect actual costs for each delivery from different sources and enter Actual Landed Cost in the system
- Inventory Management
- Execute inter-country transfers in system
- Follow-up with Logistics team on documentation and physical execution
- Perform entry of purchase orders of goods in the system correctly and in time as per instructions from local merchandise analyst
- Perform entries in system for inventory management as per instructions from local merchandise analyst (store to store transfers, store to warehouse transfers, returns to vendors, transfers of temporary stock loans to special account
- Identify reasons for discrepancies in invoice matching in system (price or quantity), make a report to regional merchandise team to take a decision on resolution if needed and introduce new invoices in system for resolution of discrepancies
- Raise replacement purchase orders or debit / credit notes in the system as per the instructions from local merchandise analyst
- Issue insurance claim for damage during delivery or defective item and liaise with insurance department if needed
- Collaborate with stock controllers, commercial teams and local merchandise analyst to identify reasons for negative stocks in the system in stores and warehouses and perform approved adjustments after resolution
- Issue orders for repairs
- Stock Liquidation
- Follow-up with Factory outlet team on transfers of items selected for liquidation
- Execute RTV in system for discontinued items
- Organize returns with suppliers and logistics
- Participate in relevant projects and community activities as and when needed
What you'll need to succeed:
- University Degree in Business Administration or any relevant quantitative fields/ CPIM is a plus
- A minimum of 2 years of work experience as a Purchase executive sourcing products from Europe and China
- At least 2 years of experience working with cosmetics purchasing.
- Proficient with using Oracle
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.