Job description / Role
The UAE is emerging as a desirable location for professional fulfillment; it is not only a great place to work but also an attractive cosmopolitan place to live and raise a family.
If you looking for a change, Etisalat would be an ideal firm to be associated with.
At Etisalat we believe that your unique experiences, skills and passions will further shape into a challenging and rewarding career at Etisalat. In your association with Etisalat, you will gain best in class experience in telecommunications business and you will become part of a winning team dedicated to help you develop, learn and grow.
We're actively looking for a professional to join our Contracts team as Purchaser.
The role is based out of our Head Office in Abu Dhabi.
In brief the role function to performs all activities related to the identification, evaluation and negotiation of appropriate suppliers. Develop concepts for strategic supplier relationships and acts as the predominant supplier interface.
• Carries out analysis of historical purchasing patterns within the respective material team and takes appropriate actions (e.g. channels purchases by end-user education; bundles volumes against supplier discounts, advises to set up frame contracts, negotiates terms of delivery).
• Keeps updated and identifies global trends within the respective material group.
• Develops preferred/ strategic supplier concepts to encourage long-term strategic agreements and benefits.
• Builds up and maintains effective supplier relationships to achieve the best terms and prices outperforming competition and encourages valuable partnerships.
• Acts as the predominant supplier interface.
• Identifies potential suppliers for the respective Material Team and evaluates them in terms of supplier quality, reputation, capacity, time to delivery, and other relevant criteria.
• Coordinates with processing staff of the respective Material Team to ensure the proper and efficient processing of quotation requests and purchase orders and the obtainment of approval for purchase.
• Leads negotiations with suppliers on price, discounts, and terms & conditions of delivery.
• Coordinates with Contract staff of the respective Material Team to ensure proper follow up on tender opening and frame contract conclusion.
• Reviews supplier performance on an on-going basis and checks the compliance to agreed terms of delivery; reviews with Manager Material Team and follows up accordingly.
• Collaborates with Logistics section to ensure the proper storage and inventory control of goods delivered.
• Supervise and advise the subordinates in the processes of RFQ Floating, Evaluation of quotations, Selection of lowest compliant suppliers, Confirming the compliance of Authority Requests to the terms & conditions of contracts or quotations and to the Financial Manual Procedures, Negotiations with suppliers and finalization of Purchase Orders.
• Participate in Tender Openings / Evaluation (Supply Contract, Service Contracts, Agreements etc.), as and when nominated by Management. Exercise close follow up Contracts, ensuring the Contractors’ adherence to the terms & conditions of Contracts / Agreements.
• The ideal candidate would be a graduate in Business Administration or related discipline.
Academics would be complemented with 3+ years of experience in purchasing or procurement in Telecoms company or similar environment.
• Professional certification would be an added advantage.
What's on offer?
At Etisalat employee wellness is an important facet of our Human Capital culture, hence on offer is competitive remuneration, including benefits such as education allowance, medical insurance coverage.
Additional perks such as in house and specialized training, Employee Wellness programs, the opportunity to work we passionate professionals with eye on taking the Telecoms industry further is just cherry on the top.
Enticed? We look forward to receiving your application.
Shortlisted candidates would be contacted within at least 7 days from application date.
About the Company
Etisalat has been the telecommunications service provider in the UAE since 1976, and has built up a modern telecom infrastructure and established itself as an innovative and reliable operator.
Etisalat stands 140th among the Financial Times Top 500 Corporations in the world in terms of market capitalization, and is ranked by The Middle East magazine as the 6th largest company in the Middle East in terms of capitalization and revenues. The Corporation is the largest contributor outside the oil sector to development programmes of the UAE Federal Government, and is an award-winning socially responsible corporation. Etisalat has also won accolades from across the region for its nationalization programme.
Central Asia Development Group (CADG)
A Leading Offshore Contractor in the UAE
|Abu Dhabi||7 Aug|
Procurement Specialist (4 Month Maternity Cover)
Arab Media Group (AMG)
Procurement & Contracts Manager
Arena Events Limited