Job description / Role
A passionate, self-motivator and pro-active professional would be the ideal candidate for this role. You would also already have extensive experience across functional testing of software where you will oversee the quality culture for the squad.
The technologies to be load tested consist of Web-based applications built across different technologies: .NET, HTML, PHP, Linux, Apache and MySQL.
Operating a leading Digital business with a billion-dollar turnover globally, our client is a business that has seen rapid success and growth in the region and are now looking to expand the Testing team in Dubai, UAE.
* Develops and implements Test Plans that will address the testing needs of functional, regression, integration and system testing.
* Writes and maintains manual test cases. Implements software quality assurance standards and processes.
* Maintains the quality and overall integrity of the test data. Participates in design reviews/walk-through for projects.
* Participates in the technical specification process to ensure resulting specifications are complete, testable and address the project requirements.
* Analyses test cases and provides regular progress reports. It creates defects when issues are uncovered.
* Writes, implements and reports status for all test efforts. Meets the QA Departments' mission, goals, strategy, and objectives.
In addition to a fantastic QA Engineer opportunity working with varied projects, this role will pay an attractive salary and offer occasional travel.
* A degree in computer science or equivalent with a minimum of 2-years' experience as a QA Engineer.
* Scripting and programming skills (with emphasis on .NET, PHP, SQL). Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Ability to effectively articulate technical issues to testers, developers, and managers.
* Experience in web-based software testing processes and procedures.
* Experience in all Test Phases (smoke, functional, regression, integration, system, performance, load, stress).
* Familiar with SDLC, test phases, quality standards, practices and test methodologies, BDD, TDD.
* May lead and direct the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
* Ability to multi-task on more than one project at a time. Understands functional specifications.
* Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery
* Experience with Test Tools (e.g. Selenium, SoapUI) is an advantage.
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.