Job description / Role
• Executes sampling and testing according to the project inspection and test plan.
• Witnesses independent test laboratory activities and reports to project management.
• Identifies the need for supplementary quality engineering based on test results.
• Performs internal quality system audits and reports according to the applicable procedures, focusing on compliance with the system requirements.
• Assure ITP and QCP compliance for precast works (forms preparation, concrete placement, loading, storing, Rock Quarry…) - where applicable
• Follow up third party testing facility and activities and reporting as per the QCP, ITP and maintain the records of test and inspection - where applicable
• Prepare reports to patent holders (concrete armour units) also report progress/approval status daily, weekly and monthly Track stocks, loading and delivery to the project site - where applicable
• Coordinate inspection for client representative/third party laboratory and subcontractors.
• Prepare/review MS, QCP and ITP for precast activities/Quay wall block production. Show effort to closeout external/internal NCRs.
• Completed Bachelor of Science, applicable for function (concrete, rock, civil construction, dredging and reclamation).
• Minimum 5 years of relevant experience; exposure on large marine civil construction projects is a must.
• Familiar with the applicable standards for his activities, proven record of activities in other projects.
• Experience in internal auditor for quality management systems.
• With English Language proficiency and good MS Office Skills.
• Takes ownership of own objectives agreed upon. Strong self-motivator.
• Ensures visibility of achieved results and performance for the entire team.
• Investigates, understands and responds to the needs of customers - internal and external.
• Seeks and shares information and ideas in order to improve performance. Helps and motivates colleagues to achieve their goals.
• Shows respect, flexibility and loyalty to colleagues throughout the organization.
• Communicates effectively with all levels of the organization orally and in writing. Actively listens and is persuasive in reasoning.
• Able to adequately solve problems or disputes.
• Objectivity is a must for reporting.
About the Company
By way of a brief introduction to National Marine Dredging Company, in 1976 as a dredging division of ADNOC a board decision was taken to form an autonomous dredging company reporting to its own Board of Directors. NMDC was founded and commenced trading in its own right on 1st January 1980.
We are a National Company owned 40% by the Government of Abu Dhabi and 60% by UAE Nationals and registered as a public company trading on the Abu Dhabi stock exchange with a registered paid up capital asset value of Dhs 169,000,000-00. Currently our business is conducted from our modern premises which include multi-discipline workshops, slip ways and a fully support administration and technical departments located in Mussafah, Abu Dhabi with subsidiary office in Zayed the Second St, Abu Dhabi.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies