Job description / Role
A leading international EPC contractor who specialises in a wide range of activities in refineries, gas and petrochemical plants, providing design and construction services are currently looking to recruit a QA QC Manager for their UAE business.
Role & responsibly
• Supervises the Quality Control functions/activities of a project or its parts, including Quality Control inspection schedules and the collection of Quality Records.
• Supports the Construction Manager in dealing with the Client for all the Quality matters.
• Assesses the implementation of the Quality Plan and Quality Control Plans on the site.
• Allocates Quality Control personnel to the various areas of site activity.
• Supervises inspections, reports and the documentation issued by inspectors and collect and file the required Quality Records.
• Evaluates the qualifications of welders and Non Destructive Test-NDT technicians with regard to the activities assigned.
• Evaluates the qualifications of inspection personnel.
• Supports the construction roles in the management and control of subcontractors.
• Supports and participate to all the internal/external audits.
• Coordinates the relevant Tracking Systems for correct identification of materials.
• Supervises the correct equipment calibration management activities.
• Supports the Welding & Non-Destructive Test-NDT qualification activities.
• Cooperates to issue the Welding Procedures (WP).
• Cooperate with the Project Quality Engineer (PQE) to analyses of non-conformities.
• Supervises inspection of defect renewal and welding.
• Planning and organizing training of QA/QC personnel.
• Bachelor’s Degree Holder.
• At least 10 years relevant work experience.
• Minimum of 5 years experience in GCC Middle East countries working in Oil & Gas construction.
• With excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Knowledgeable in quality requirements of EPC projects including RFI, ITP, WPS/PQR, Method Statements and Installation Works.
• Possesses in-depth technical knowledge with respect to materials, welding, coating, insulation, and NDE inspection.
• Familiar with ANSI, ASME, ASTM, API, and BS Codes in the oil and gas industry.
• Experience in developing and reviewing project quality plans, contract documents and project specifications.
• Coordinate Test Pack preparation and Final Handover documentation activities to ensure a smooth handover.
• Conduct and organize QMS Internal/External audit and ensure close out of all Inspection and Audit Non-conformities.
About the Company
Adept Personnel's sole focus is the International construction market, recruiting all levels of project management staff across all of the industry sectors. With 20 years experience we have developed long standing relationships and unrivalled market knowledge meaning we are constantly adding value to client organisations and jobseekers alike.
Our team is made up of high calibre recruiters who have developed proven track records within each of their chosen sectors. It is this experience that allows us to fulfil our goal of customer satisfaction by successfully finding the talent needed to deliver on each assignment we take on.