Job description / Role
Our client, a leading Facilities Management company is currently looking for a QHSE Advisor to support the QHSE & Compliance Manager in the provision of the HSE Department outputs.
Key Job Responsibilities
• Monitor and report on status of Fire safety through monitoring of fire detection systems, fire safety incident reports and statistics and, through trend analysis, to make recommendations for improvement wherever possible.
• Carry out Fire Safety Risk Assessments for all UAEU Buildings and for company’s business outputs.
• To train, exercise and evaluate the Security Department Fire Safety First Response Team.
• To carry out Fire Safety awareness training, as appropriate, for the company’s employees and subcontractor staff.
• To assist with the Fire Safety Awareness training of the UAEU nominated Fire Wardens.
• Implement the Annual Fire Evacuation Drill Schedule.
• To ensure that the Civil Defence Emergency Vehicle Access (EVA) Route is maintained at all times.
• To carryout inspections, in accordance with Civil Defence guidelines, of all portable fire-fighting equipment.
Monitoring & Reporting
• To produce standard Monthly, Quarterly and Annual Reports to Management and the Customer, and ad hoc reports as required.
• Produce the Annual Fire & Evacuation Plan in conjunction with the UAEU.
• Produce and maintain the UAEU Fire & Emergency Evacuation Plan.
• To act as sponsor for MS.P.12 Fire Safety Management Procedure.
• To maintain a suite of UAE regulatory and compliance documentation for reference purposes. To monitor the Fire Safety related KPI’s (OP.8, OP.27, OP.28, OP.29, OP.30) and ensure optimum operational performance to ensure no KPI failures.
• Liaise and engage with the UAEU staff, Company’s Departments and Civil Defence as required to ensure Fire Safety Standards are maintained at all times.
• Undertake regular and continual audit and review of all Fire Safety related documentation to ensure effectiveness and compliance with the requirements of the UAE Civil Defence.
• To actively monitor and report on any Civil Defence non-conformances
• Monitor and support management system, performance, processes, procedures and local work instructions for validity and compliance.
• To support to QHSE department through to conducting HSE internal audits and monitor compliance and the outputs of the Internal Auditors.
• Produce routine & ad hoc reports as required.
• Monitor strategic partners, and contractors/subcontractors’ compliance to relevant requirements such as OSHAD, Tadweer, and other regulatory requirements.
• To collaborate and support the QHSE Team ensuring a consolidated Occupational Health and Safety Management and Environmental Management System services is provided to the organization.
• Support in the preparation of Method Statements and generate, review and amend as required departmental Risk Assessments and other HSE assessments.
• Report regularly to QHSE & Compliance Manager regarding HSE performance, incident occurrence, audit findings, non-conformances, and other HSE matters
• Liaise with customer HSE department and other departments pertaining to HSE related issues.
• To assist in ensuring policies, procedures, instructions, code of practice and all departmental KPIs are complied with and completed/achieved.
• To proactively identify and highlight service/process improvements.
• Registered OSH Practitioner through Qudorat Registration System.
• Have knowledge and understanding of OSHAD-SF.
• The appointee will be a highly motivated flexible individual with energy and drive and have a minimum of 3 years’ experience as a QHSE Advisor/Officer.
• He/she will be a systematic and pragmatic, self-motivated individual who demonstrates the ability to be an objective auditor/investigator and who is tactful and has good ability to report with clarity and accuracy.
• The incumbent will possess good planning and organisational skills with ability to self-manage the departmental outputs.
• Have knowledge and understanding of the local and federal health and safety regulations applicable to the UAE and/or local municipality.
About the Company
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.