Job description / Role
Objectives: To execute, monitor and follow up on Quality Assurance audit plans and reviews and surveillance as directed by “Quality Assurance Manager”. Follow up on corrective measures in line with Air Arabia quality standards and GCAA/CAA and regulatory bodies’ requirements to ensure compliance with the same across all functions and areas of operation.
Reporting to: Manager Quality Assurance
• Maintains the Quality Assurance System adopted for internal procedures, processes and products audits, surveillance and spot checks in accordance with GCAA/CAA/CARs/IOSA/EASA standards and requirements.
• Participates in updating and communicating the regulations of GCAA/CAA in the corresponding manuals such as MOE, CAMO, etc. in coordination with corresponding personnel in operations and engineering departments
• Reviews the internal quality standards and regulatory requirements on regular basis in accordance with Air Arabia/GCAA approvals; highlights any variances or changes needed to the “Quality Assurance Manager” accordingly.
• Contributes to the preparation and executing of internal annual audit plan; this includes regular audit checks, new checks, as well as urgent audit reviews; carries out assigned audit plan in accordance with approved checklists.
• Cooperates with the department heads/managers to communicate and execute the audit schedules timely; maintains effective and on-going communication on updates to ensure successful results; sends out necessary notifications for concerned parties prior to agreed schedules to allow needed arrangements from their side.
• Partners with Stakeholders and “Quality Assurance Manager” to gather necessary historical data, documentation, and feedback to ensure that all established operations and procedures adopted in the Company are satisfactory.
• Identifies root causes and assists in formulating and monitoring the adherence to comprehensive corrective actions for regulatory audits; records the findings and corrective actions in system for verification, follow up, and database purposes.
• Assists the “Quality Assurance Manager” in developing and monitoring the adherence to Quality Assurance policies, procedures, and manuals in accordance with Company’s requirements; supports in developing Quality Assurance awareness across the different functions through Bulletins, inter-service memos, PPT, presentations, workshops, etc...
• Performs safety and quality audits and conducts periodic review approvals on Suppliers, Vendors, Subcontractors, Simulator, Ramp and Outstations, this includes but not limited to: MROs, GHAs, Fuel Companies, Cargo, Engines, etc.; raises and follows-up on findings or CAPA in Q-Pulse and with concerned owners.
• Reviews MDD/ ADD/ CDL and Reliability reports and ensures comprehensive audit and conformance reports are produced and communicated to regulatory bodies in due time; highlights areas of concern where urgent attention and improvement are needed.
• Supports the Engineering Department with new licenses aiming for continuation of training and enhancing capabilities ensuring the licenses are processed and issued as per regulations.
• Assists in the aircrafts delivery/ redelivery process and Airworthiness Certificates renewal in coordination with “Airworthiness Review Certification Engineer”.
Nature and length of previous experience:
• 5+ years of related working experience in Quality Assurance/Audit in the aviation/airline industry.
• Extensive exposure to the Civil Aviation Authorities and regulatory bodies’ legal requirements, preferably GCAA and/or EASA/FAA; familiar with regulations pertaining to Licensing, procedures, and manuals.
• Knowledgeable with working exposure to Commercial /Safety/Internal & External Audit practices.
• A very good knowledge and exposure on airline Engineering and Flight Operations, standard regulations
• University Qualifications: Bachelor degree in Aircraft Engineering or equivalent; alternately a diploma or certificate in the related field/ a licenced technician combined with experience and exposure required to fulfill the position requirements.
About the Company
Air Arabia (PJSC), listed on the Dubai Financial Market, is the Middle East and North Africa's first and leading low-cost carrier flying to over 100 destinations across the world. Air Arabia was the first airline to introduce the low-cost carrier concept in the region and is on a mission to serve all Arab countries and beyond, constantly undergoing aggressive route expansion, taking advantage of its ideally located hubs in the United Arab Emirates, Morocco, Egypt and Jordan. Over the past thirteen years, Air Arabia, through continuous market research and customer feedback, provides a range of value added services to millions of passengers who chose to fly with Air Arabia's fleet of A320 aircraft. The airline commenced operations in October 2003 and achieved financial break-even from its very first year of services and has been profitable ever since.