Job description / Role
Through Parsons engineering and construction management services, we deliver innovative, safe and sustainable infrastructure in Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain and Kuwait. Our focus is on delivering air, rail, road and highway transportation; water conveyance and/or wastewater treatment; and land development and public infrastructure to our clients and your communities. Parsons creates interconnected communities and world class infrastructure.
Parsons is the Project Consultant for the construction supervision of a large infrastructure project in UAE. Scope of work includes roads, highway intersections, bridges and other structures, electrical (HV and LV) networks, potable water network, sewerage network, storm water drainage network and other infrastructure.
The Quality Assurance Engineer is part of the Supervising team who will monitor the preparation and establishment of the Quality Assurance (QA) by the contractors. He/she will assist the Quality Manager(QM) in monitoring the implementation of the Parsons’ Management System in compliance with the PARSONS Corporate policies, International Standards and Client’s requirements. He monitors and audits the quality related activities, set forth in the Quality Plans, to confirm that products or services provided are in accordance with client requirements. He/she periodically conducts detailed audits to assess the level of compliance with the QA systems, procedures, and related-quality activities. As assigned by the QM, He/she may interact with Senior Resident Engineer and Resident Engineers to assess on-site activities (client‘s design and/or construction contractors) and reports and provides regular updates to the Quality Manager.
• Supports the preparation and issuance of project specific Quality Plans, QA/QC processes and procedures in compliance with client’s quality requirements; and monitors that these are implemented effectively, as assigned by QM.
• Performs QA audits (internal and/or external), reviews, surveillances and follow-ups.
• Identifies and reports to the Quality Manager on quality issues or trends based on data from a variety of sources.
• Supports implementation of appropriate corrective action to quality issues (internal and Contractor’s).
• Provides input to QM on projects performance metrics, and process or procedural system improvements.
• Coordinates Lessons Learnt process for the Project, following up Project personnel and reporting accordingly.
• Participates in Quality Meetings.
• Assumes additional responsibilities as directed by the Programme Quality Manager.
• Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering, or related field and 7 years of related work experience with continued career development and certification.
• Extensive knowledge of quality assurance/quality control management practices, processes and current technology.
• Proven experience in implementing quality management systems and standards specified by ISO 9000, ASME, ANSI, ASTM and similar organizations (7 years in similar projects)
• Proven experience as an auditor as per ISO 19000 standards.
• Certificate of ISO 9001: 2015 standard Auditor (Internal at least).
• Proficiency in the use of computers and software packages related to field.
• Experience in the construction of large infrastructure developments projects is preferred.
• Dubai-UAE experience is preferred.
• High attention to detail and excellent organization skills.
• Good knowledgeable of current technology and how it can be effectively utilized on the project.
• Excellent written, presentation and oral communications skills.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.