Quantity Surveyor (QS)
Al Jaziri Group
Job description / Role
• Prepare tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities with the architect and/or the client
• Reviewing construction plans and preparing quantity requirements
• Undertake cost analysis for repair and maintenance project work
• Perform risk, value management, and cost control
• Advise on a procurement strategy
• Prepare and analyze costings for tenders
• Provide advice on contractual claims
• Analyze outcomes and write detailed progress reports
• Value completed work and arranged payments, for Main Contractor and for sub-contractors.
• Maintain awareness of the different building contracts in current use
• Track changes to the design and/or construction work and adjust budget projections accordingly
• Procure or agree the services of contractors and/or subcontractors who work on the construction of the project
• Measure and value the work done on site
• Liaise with the client and other construction professionals, such as site managers , project managers and site engineers
• Ensuring statutory building regulations are met
• Prepare estimates and costs of the work, and when the project is in progress, keep track of any variations to the contract that may affect costs and create reports to show profitability
• University Degree in Civil Engineering field and / or international recognized certifications relevant to Cost Engineering, preferable with RICS Certificate.
• 5 plus years’ experience in a Building Construction as a Contractor, 5 years’ experience as a senior cost engineer
• Driven individual with a strong sense of commitment to deadlines and quality of deliverables.
• Key skills for chartered surveyors
• A good working knowledge of MS Excel and the ability to learn how to use specialist software
• Excellent relationship-building and interpersonal skills
• The ability to work in a team
• The ability to negotiate
• Attention to detail and a methodical approach to work.
About the Company
Since 1987, the Al Jaziri Group has brought international standards of excellence to Dubai and the Gulf in the automotive, real estate, and owners’ association management sectors. Today, the group is among the region’s top performers in each of its areas of operation and continues to innovate and set the pace.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Senior Quantity Surveyor
Compass Project Consulting