Job description / Role
Faithful+Gould is one of the worlds leading consultancies providing integrated project and programme management services for construction and engineering projects, with a turnover in excess of 200 million.
Faithful+Gould worldwide has access to 2,500 consultants, of whom 450+ are located in the Middle East across six offices. We have successfully delivered commercial advice and management support for over 65 years to clients in Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East, UK, and North America. We are a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Atkins Group, the design and engineering company.
Active in the Middle East for 18 years, Faithful+Gould combines in-depth knowledge of the region with the ability to draw on our global resource and constructive expertise, to deliver the most challenging of projects. With registered companies in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Qatar, Oman, Saudi Arabia, and Kuwait, this makes us one of the strongest international construction consultancies in the region.
Faithful+Gould is the first Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) regulated business in the Middle East. This sets us apart from our competitors in not only the quality of service we provide to our clients, but more importantly to our valuable staff, by means of our full support in their training and development needs. By being active in supporting our staff in their professional development, we currently achieve a RICS pass rate for candidates undertaking their RICS APC above both the national and international averages.
Due to continued success in the country we are now seeking a number of experienced Quantity Surveyor(s) to our already established teams in Dubai and Abu Dhabi.
The Quantity Surveyor(s) will hold the following responsibilities and duties:
- The Quantity Surveyor will report to the Resident Engineer and/ or Commercial Manager
- On site and off site quantity verifications and confirmation with regard to payments and variation works
- Re-measure of works completed in accordance with the contract
- Checking and verifying of all invoices from subcontractors
- Maintaining a register of payments
- Check materials on and off site and verify delivery and acceptance from the clients representative for payment approval
- Prepare and maintain records of all subcontractors agreements and payments
- On site verification of final accounts submitted by the subcontractors and suppliers, adjusting as necessary
- Prepare and maintain cash flow forecasts for subcontract works
- Updating cost report
- Carry out cost estimates for alternative design solutions
- Prepare estimates of variation works
- Qualified with a Bachelor of Science degree in Quantity Surveying from an accredited internationally recognized institution or university
- Minimum of 8 years Quantity Surveying experience, with 3 years in Middle East
- Key market sector experience: hospitality, residential, commercial, and/ or high-rise
- Enrolled on RICS APC as minimum
- FIDIC re-measurement contracts experience a must
- Be able to provide both summarised and detailed reports, on current activities and ability to present directly to the client
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Able to act on own initiative and proactive way
Rewards & Benefits:
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Accommodation allowance
- Transportation allowance
- Flight allowances
- 22 calendar days annual leave + all public holidays
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Employee Well-Being Programme 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition
- Learning and Development support scheme
- RICS Structured Training Agreements for APC process
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).