Job description / Role
You are the beginning of an exceptional guest experience. As a Receiving Agent, you will be responsible for ensuring all orders are accurately delivered as per the hotel's standards.
About the Hotel
Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach is a luxury five-star hotel located in Jumeirah Beach Residence and opens directly onto Dubai's most popular recreation promenade The Walk as well as the new beachfront low-rise leisure and retail destination The Beach. Luxury stays and culinary excellence are the hotel's cornerstones. All 444 rooms and suites overlook the azure waters of the Arabian Gulf and Ain Dubai. Guests can indulge in exquisite international flavours at the Infini Pool Lounge and Café Concierge our all day dining restaurant Club Millésime.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Receive Goods and verify these goods against the purchase orders by taking into account the quantity and quality of the received products as well as expiry date.
- Inspect the physical condition and count or measure the quality and weight of all items at the time they are received and before they are placed in storage.
- Receiving Clerk should input all the receiving invoices in Materials Controls on the same day before closing the business for the day.
- In case of over/short supply, wrong pricing etc. Receiving clerk must correct in the Invoice copy of Supplier and communicate to cost controller to get the correction done in the Materials Controls system.
- Complete a daily receiving report for F&B items, General items and submit to Cost controller and Purchasing Manager.
- Maintain an up-to-date file of the receiving copy of all approved purchase orders. All purchase orders must clearly state the status of delivery (Open or partial).
- Ensure all invoices are also signed with name from related department heads upon direct delivery and should be submitted to cost controller on next working day.
- Ensure that HACCP points are taken into consideration while receiving items - must follow the Hygiene standards.
- Assist to cost controller in month-end, or quarterly inventories as and when required.
- Perform any additional duties as assigned by cost controller.
- Responsible for ensuring outgoing record for all items being send out from the hotel as per out going record policy.
- Pass a credit note (if required) for the accounts for those items, which are invoiced to the hotel; but being returned back.
- Be familiar with the operational procedures.
- Participate in regular meetings and briefings as scheduled.
- Understand and abide by all safety rules, emergency procedures and fire prevention regulations.
- Participate in any scheduled training and development programs that may improve personal or departmental standards.
- Report to duty punctually wearing the correct uniform and nametag.
- Maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene.
- Carry out other duties as assigned.
Your experience and skills include:
- Have a minimum of one (1) year experience in a similar role.
- Have the ability to work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment.
- Have the ability to communicate effectively with the team and deliver consistently.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Natcore General Trading
Store Keeper / Logistics Coordinator
A Leading Manufacturer In The Middle East
Welcomer (Guest Service Agent)
A Leading Packaging Services Company In The UAE