Job description / Role
- Check the data entry from the procurement department, operating departments and all other users, for it accuracy and receive inventory items and non-inventory as ordered.
- Maintain records of items received.
- Execute receiving and ensure the items are forwarded to the respective warehouses and departments.
- Support the food production to minimize wastage and shrinkage to an absolute minimum related to quality, expiry and spoilage of items received.
- Ensure requests for items received by the operational departments are communicated to the storeman.
- Ensure items are received and recorded in the correct quantity and recorded accordingly in the PMS.
- Ensure inventory items required by the various departments are available and received in time.
- Allocate items received into the correct period.
- Ensure all food items are washed, cleaned and stored in accordance with regulations issued by Dubai Authorities.
- Ensure the loading dock and surrounding areas are maintained in a clean and tidy manner.
- A true desire to satisfy the needs of others in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to lift a moderate amount of weight
- Refined verbal and written communication skills.
About the Company
Hyatt was founded by Jay Pritzker in 1957 when he purchased the Hyatt House motel adjacent to the Los Angeles International Airport. Over the following decade, Jay Pritzker and his brother, Donald Pritzker, working together with other Pritzker family business interests, grew the company into a North American management and hotel ownership company, which became a public company in 1962. In 1968, Hyatt International was formed and subsequently became a separate public company. Hyatt Corporation and Hyatt International Corporation were taken private by the Pritzker family business interests in 1979 and 1982, respectively. On December 31, 2004, substantially all of the hospitality assets owned by Pritzker family business interests, including Hyatt Corporation and Hyatt International Corporation, were consolidated under a single entity, now Hyatt Hotels Corporation.