Job description / Role
Receiving & Store Clerk
Works under the supervision of the Cost Controller/ Purchasing Manager and within the limits of the established Mövenpick Hotel Jumeirah Beach policies and procedures. He/she is responsible to receive all materials ordered by the hotel. He/She verifies the quality, quantity, price, and goods received against the specification set in the purchase order, purchase request, market list, or supply contract. He/she is also responsible for goods in the store, store issue and store control.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies and the opportunity to earn qualifications while you work
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world
- Ability to make a difference in the local community through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Knowledge of inventory management, stores management, procurement and internal controls
- Verifies that the goods delivered to the hotel were ordered. Goods must be justified by a purchase document.
- All items are physically received, inspected, weighted as necessary. In case of technical items, equipment, furniture, and certain food items, the concerned department is consulted to confirm the quality and specifications. Materials are to be inspected and measurements are to be made thoroughly. A visual inspection is not enough.
- Verifies the quality, quantity/weight and the price of the goods delivered.
- Transmits the goods to the appropriate storerooms or to the department concerned.
- Completes the daily receiving recap reports.
- Ensures that copies of all approved and currently valid purchase order, i.e. purchase request, market list, standard supply contracts are at hand and files are maintained for this.
- Responsible for storage of both food & beverage and operational stock.
- Responsible for the day to day check on the storage facilities of upkeep and hygiene.
- Ensure store requisition form is signed by the person collecting the goods and enter into the Inventory/Materials Management System.
- Assist the Accounts Payable in finding out any cost discrepancies.
- Keep sequential files of purchase orders even including the cancelled PO's. Once the items are received, invoice reference is marked on the LPO.
- After the items are received, a receiving report and summary is prepared. The copy of this is given to the stores, F&B controls and purchasing with invoices, with adding machine totals are passed to accounts payable for further processing.
- Responsible for ensuring outgoing record for all items being send out from the hotel as per out going record policy. Pass a credit note (if required) for the accounts for those items, which are invoiced to the hotel; but being returned back.
- Well awareness of HACCP compliance to ensure safety food & beverage environment. And maintain appropriate relevant records to submit to the authorities as and when needed.
Your experience and skills include:
- Previous experience in a similar leadership role is an asset
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving abilities and the ability to lead by example
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are much more than a world leader. We are more than 280,000 hoteliers with a purposeful and heartfelt mission: to make every guest Feel Welcome in our 4,700 addresses and on our digital platforms. We are committed to a culture and guided by our values that make our talent Feel Valued. We want them to express their passions every day and realize their full potential through exemplary professional development and growth opportunities, enjoying a life filled with unlimited experiences.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.