Job description / Role
Receptionist / Lounge Staff – Dubai EXPO 2020 (UAE National)
BigFish Recruitment are a Dubai based recruitment and HR consultancy company. On behalf of our client ServeU, who have been appointed as the HR Services and Staffing provider to the UK Pavilion at Expo 2020 Dubai, we are seeking talented individuals to work in the United Kingdom’s Pavilion at the Dubai EXPO 2020 event. Visitors to the Pavilion will be provided with an interactive, high tech visitor experience.
We are currently seeking Receptionist / Lounge Staff to work at the event, reporting to UK Pavilion Operations Manager, to manage the main reception desk and the VIP visitors lounge plus carry out various administration tasks. You will have an engaging personality with a professional attitude, able to communicate effectively and remaining courteous at all times.
Shifts to cover site operations between 9.00am to 11.00pm – 7days a week. Typical shift timings will be 9.00am to 4.30om or 4.00pm to 11.00pm, either 4 or 5 days a week dependent on the rosters. Weekend work will be required
Key Tasks and Duties:
• Ensure official visitors are immediately greeted on arrival and are then introduced to the appropriate person effectively and quickly.
• Register and record visitor details - including the use of the business floor by sponsors ensuring accurate records are always kept.
• Manage diaries, bookings and reservations as required.
• Respond and sort emails and telephone calls, ensuring all enquiries are dealt with efficiently and messages are passed on in a timely manner.
• Manage Pavilion enquiries
• Ensure that the reception area is kept ordered and presentable.
• Offer administrative support across the Pavilion, as required.
• Ensuring that the VIP lounge and the Board Rooms are always kept in a clean and presentable
• Assisting VIPs using the lounge
• Escorting guests using the Business Floor
• Perform duties whilst adhering to Expo 2020 Covid-19 guidelines and SOPs as instructed during the training and as laid out in the staff handbook
In return you will be provided with a competitive salary plus other benefits and the opportunity of a lifetime to work on such a world-renowned iconic event in what promises to be one of the stand out Exhibition Pavilions.
• A friendly, courteous, professional attitude and manner with clients and staff
• A proactive and ‘can-do’ attitude, with the flexibility to help as required and learn about the whole pavilion experience.
• An ability to communicate effectively with visitors, clients and team members.
• Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to multitask, think quickly and adapt to ever-changing environments.
• Diplomatic and cultural awareness when working with official visitors and diverse audiences.
• A good understanding of the English and local language(s). Other languages would be an advantage.
• Good ‘Front of House Skills’ preferably gained in a hospitality environment.
• Basic IT skills
About the Company
Our aim is to provide our clients and candidates with a consistent, quality service that goes beyond the norm, giving them peace of mind and complete trust in our ability to meet their needs.
Big Fish consultants specialise in their fields and have extensive experience in the region and beyond. We take pride in our knowledge and network and believe that our relationships are built on trust and integrity and are made for the long term.
At Big Fish, as well as caring for the people we work with, we also care about the world and environment we live in, that's why Big Fish support initiatives that promote human welfare, environmental protection and sustainability.
Front Office Receptionist
Front Office Assistant
Dubai Parks and Resorts
Receptionist / Lounge Staff
Big Fish Recruitment
Front Office Receptionist
A Leading Group In UAE