Job description / Role
Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
IFS - Administration
Job Description & Summary
To operate switchboard and handle reception area activities. Serves as the first point of contact with the firm and the office for visitors and callers. Handle all internal and external inquiries and carry out administrative activities of the front office.
- Adhere to the allocated budget for the administrative function of the office
- Greet visitors and make sure all callers and visitors are dealt with promptly, courteously and accurately
- Ensure visitors are made comfortable, met on a timely basis by their host, shown to the appropriate room and assisted with parking if relevant.
- Operate the switchboard
- Screen and route incoming telephone calls, take messages, and answer incoming queries
- Maintain visitor and caller logs
- Receive deliveries and coordinate outside delivery/courier services with the help of Office administrators
- Answer queries from visitors and callers, and refers them to the appropriate person
- Perform general maintenance of the reception area
- Manage incoming and outgoing faxes (may be performed by Office Administrators in certain locations)
- Ensure mail and faxes are distributed to the appropriate person accurately and in a timely manner (may be performed by Office Administrators in certain locations)
- Book meeting rooms and collaborative space and maintain tidiness (may be performed directly online in certain locations)
- Support office manager in events planning and organization
- Act in accordance with regulations
- Perform other administrative duties as required
Learning and Growth
- Work towards being a high quality internal service provider and ensure that all administrative support requirements are being met
- Act as a key resource and liaison to other functional areas of the business, building cross-functional relationships as needed
- High school certificate (equivalent) or Bachelor's degree
- Fluency in spoken and written English, proficiency in Arabic is an advantage, French is a plus
- 0-1 years of experience in front desk or receptionist role
- Experience with a professional services firm is an advantage
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Must possess a professional telephone manner
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to work on own initiative
- Demonstrated team player
- Must possess a warm, friendly and professional demeanor
- Basic PC skills on excel and word
- Basic keyboard skills (at least 25 wpm)
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we’ve set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We’re a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We’re striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we’re proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone’s uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you’re looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you’re a future PwCer.