Job description / Role
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
Established in the region for 40 years, PwC has more than 6,000 people in 12 countries across the region: Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, the Palestinian territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates.
We have an unparalleled range of expert capabilities from Strategy, through Advisory and Consulting to Legal, Tax and Assurance Services, underpinned by the standout digital platform in the region.
One Firm : Transforming our region.
Our purpose is to build trust in society and solve important problems.
In an increasingly complex world, we help intricate systems function, adapt and evolve so they can benefit communities and society - whether they are capital markets, tax systems or the economic systems within which business and society exist. We help our clients to make informed decisions and operate effectively within them.
Creating value through diversity. Be yourself. Be different.
At PwC, we respect and value differences. We know that when people from different backgrounds and with different points of view work together, we create the most value - for our clients, our people and society.
A career in Human Resources, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference at PwC by helping to fully leverage the skills and talents of all our people. You'll focus on helping the local offices in driving the Firm's people strategy, creating a unique people experience for each individual, and supporting our Firm-wide values by working with the core competencies that measure and drive individual and Firm-wide success in the marketplace.
As a Recruitment Senior Associate, you will be working closely with the wider Deals recruitment team to support key business units with their resourcing needs. This involves data management, candidate sourcing and evaluation. In addition to daily recruitment activities, you will be exposed to strategic Deals projects to enhance and streamline current onboarding and recruitment processes. The ideal candidate will be thorough and accurate when completing tasks, consistently delivering the highest quality of work. In high pressure situations, achieving 'quick wins' and meeting short deadlines will be required.
- Recruiting high volume roles; understanding the needs of the business and managing multiple deadlines and candidate profiles, while utilizing multiple sources to build strong pipelines (referrals, online portals, internal system).
- Conducting introductory calls and HR interviews with shortlisted candidates and preparing summaries to be shared with the recruiting manager.
- Developing and promoting the PwC people value proposition within recruitment.
- Interviewing and testing candidates using the standard competency based
- Ensuring candidate information is up to date on the internal system throughout the process and managing the interview feedback process for interviewers on the system
- Strategic Projects: working closely with the regional recruiting team to work on initiatives related to new processes, stakeholder management, team upskilling etc. Project assignment is usually decided by the team lead, based on recruiter bandwidth and competency, however ideas are always welcome!
Updating requisitions and candidate information on team trackers and the internal applicant tracking system ensuring they are fit for daily stakeholder updates.
- Reports recruitment information & statistics to key internal clients, for purpose of tracking cost, time & source of hire and to keep them informed of progress on recruitment.
- Ensures that cost efficient options are explored for interviewing candidates.
- Finalises job descriptions with Partners and Directors
- Sources experienced candidates from multiple channels.
- Liaise with PwC Recruitment teams in other locations to share information and minimize duplication of effort.
- Develops and promotes the PwC people value proposition within recruitment.
- Interview and test candidates using the standard competency based recruitment model and employing psychometric testing within selection.
- Manages the end to end recruitment process in line with Global PwC standards and metrics.
- Collects data for recruitment reporting needs in a timely manner.
Learning and Growth:
- Supports improvements in the HR Operating model, specifically the increased delivery of standardised services.
- Looks for areas of continuous improvement across the Recruitment & Global Mobility function Promotes collaboration, trust and improvement between team members and across the People Team Works on specific projects related to HR initiatives as assigned.
Customer Service Focus:
- Naturally driven to deliver great customer service, sees through the lens of customers and tries to meet their needs.
- Strong customer service orientation with ability to use patience and diplomacy to handle issues.
- Takes a structured approach to managing their workload, able to manage an active task load, prioritises effectively with the ability to multitask.
- Understands the need to follow process and policy, thorough, works to high standards, good attention to detail.
- Excellent ability to listen to and explain to others, very strong English language skills.
- Updating and maintaining large files of candidate information while maintaining the highest form of confidentiality.
- Always using a creative lense and recommending strategic changes in and outside of the team. Learning internal processes and using technical capabilities with global best practices to fill in gaps or bring about change.
- 5+ years of recruitment experience essential
- Knowledge of HR best practices and processes.
- Professional Services and / or Big 4 expertise and knowledge is essential.
- Experience sourcing candidates with professional services experience, internationally as well as across the Middle East is essential.
- Previous HR generalist experience with understanding of the employee lifecycle, including recruitment and onboarding would be preferable.
- Knowledge of labor laws is preferred.
- Experience and proficiency in recruitment technology is essential
- Experience and expertise of selection techniques including competency based interviewing and running assessment centres is essential.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills Strong customer service orientation with ability to use patience and diplomacy to handle issues.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or Business Administration.
- Fluency in spoken and written English, Arabic is an advantage.
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we’ve set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We’re a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We’re striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we’re proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone’s uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you’re looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you’re a future PwCer.