Job description / Role
- To develop and execute the GM MEO Accessory strategy; covering 9 countries, build dealer network accessories sales capability, increase dealer profitability, supporting sales of over 120,000 vehicles, build the Brand and support vehicle lifecycles by developing special editions, and ensure support from different internal and external stake holders. The incumbent will be responsible for achieving accessories targets for the MEO.
- To develop and manage a group that ensures a complete range of market competitive, functional and appearance enhancing accessories is available alongside every vehicle sale made by Chevrolet & GMC. The objectives are to:
- Maximize accessories profit for Chevrolet & GMC.
- Provide Chevrolet & GMC Dealers an accessory portfolio that maximises their opportunity to deliver a customer experience which exceeds expectation and allow the dealer opportunities to improve revenue per car and sales staff bonuses.
- Ensure that a range of functional and enthusiasm generating accessories is available to customers for their vehicle.
- Create an opportunity to gain incremental sales by using accessories to build customer enthusiasm in our vehicles.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Develop a timed, comprehensive, aggressive and profitable annual accessory business plan.
- Ensure there is an approved annual budget of headcount, Capital, work order material and marketing expense that allows for planning and implementation and sales of the required accessory portfolio.
- Develop relationships with colleagues in GM who have similar responsibilities. Use these relationships to discover examples or product or promotion strategies that are working and to have those teams critique Chevrolet & GMC initiatives.
Further ensure the following:
- Get internal and external stakeholders on board
- Engage and motivate GM sales staff and support functions to execute the approved strategy, parties who have so far not supported Accessory growth
- Actively seek, generate and evaluate ideas for a portfolio of accessories for each car with timing that allows realistic implementation.
- Provide a 12 month forecast of accessories sales per car that is backed up by meaningful analysis and is in line with projected product plans. Ensure the forecast is updated and delivered monthly.
- Benchmarks the forecast against competitors on a quarterly basis with the objective to be defined in the strategy set up.
- Participate in planning GM platforms destined for Chevrolet & GMC, ensuring that the accessory portfolio available from the homeroom is approved and is as comprehensive as realistically possible.
- The MEO accessories portfolio will be largely composed of globally developed items. But, in limited situations, responsible to develop incremental accessories portfolio items within MEO to address unique regional needs.
- Have Chevrolet & GMC approval to add, to the homeroom approved accessories, locally developed parts which are required to create a full portfolio or which offer good returns on investment.
- Have intimate details of the global accessory market today and sound projections of future trend and expectations.
- Leverage Chevrolet & GMCs’ relationships with sponsors and motorsport for maximum mutual benefit.
- Work close with the Chevrolet & GMC dealers to maximize sales per car & total dealer accessories revenue & profitability
- Work with Aftersales on procurement, stock levels and sell out control.
- Develop partnerships with key suppliers of accessory products and/or marketing services. Leverage those relationships to ensure the Chevrolet & GMCs product portfolio and the sales strategies are effective.
- Develop annual sales promotion schemes, target incentives and pricing strategies to drive sales results.
Dealer Sales Management:
- Accurately track monthly sales and stock levels. Where forecast is not being achieved and/or stock levels are too high ensure you develop and implement, where agreed, actions so that forecast is achieved. Where stock levels are too low ensure escalation is in place to recover stock levels.
- Deliver a monthly reports to the dealer network and individual dealers to motivate and inform them of their performance to targets.
- Seek feedback from Dealers and customers about the accessories experience. Measure these experiences against aggressive expectations for customer satisfaction and course correct as required.
- Benchmark performance against other similar sized vehicle retailers in MEO region. Seek to exceed performance of benchmark for profit and customer satisfaction. Have research done where needed.
- Ensure accuracy and timely completion of all Management reports and forecasts
- Engineering or business related discipline are essential.
- Completion of an advanced management, new business development or innovation course would be an advantage.
- Strong computer literacy (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in sales or planning functions, including supervision, essential.
- Experience in Sales / Field is essential.
- Analysis of business plans and product development plans essential.
- Experience working with aftermarket component suppliers on component development preferred.
- Experience working with automotive marketing service suppliers preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the MEO Automotive Market and a well-developed understanding of Chevrolet & GMC and competitive products
- Entrepreneurial approach to problem solving
- Strong communication skills to engage Field, other functions and Dealers
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong verbal presentation skills
- Sound knowledge of Finance, Sales and Marketing.
- Business acumen required to appraise and develop new business direction.
- Organizational agility and the ability to work cross-functionally with all stakeholders.
- Managing Vision/Purpose
- Comfort around higher management
- Organisational Agility
- Motivating others
- Managing and measuring work
- Building effective teams
- Initiative and integrity
- Sense of urgency
About the Company
General Motors Company (NYSE:GM, TSX: GMM), one of the worlds largest automakers, traces its roots back to 1908. GM and its strategic partners produce cars and trucks in 31 countries, and sell and service these vehicles through the following brands: Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC, Holden, Isuzu, Jiefang, Opel, Vauxhall and Wuling. GMs largest national market is China, followed by the United States, Brazil, the United Kingdom, Germany, Canada and Russia. GMs OnStar subsidiary is the industry leader in vehicle safety, security and information services.
With its global headquarters in Detroit, GM employs 209,000 people in every major region of the world and does business in more than 120 countries. GM is headquartered in four major locations: GM Europe; North America (GMNA); South America; and GM International Operations (GMIO) is located in Shanghai, China. GMIO covers Asia Pacific and Middle East.
GM Middle East started in 1920s and the brands that are sold in the region are Cadillac, Chevrolet and GMC supported by a unique set of customer-focused services. GM parts and accessories are sold under the GM Parts and ACDelco brands. The regional office in Dubai covers the companys operations in Bahrain, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UAE and Yemen in 20 dealerships.
GM has 2 facilities here in Middle East one is in Dubai World Trade Centre and the other, Middle East Distribution Corporation, which is located in Jebel Ali.